Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2.1

clauster

I'm in need of a new tuner and a DI box to run to our band's PA.

I've got a vague memory that one or two folk on here have Zooms that they use for the tuner function, and the 2.1 also has a DI. The unit comes in at about the same price as a tuner pedal + DI and would give me access to those effects that I occasionally want (modulations and delays, wah, etc) but not enough to justify buying a deicated pedal. Just seems to good to be true.

So is the tuner usable?

What's the DI like (I'm not after studio quality)?

[quote name='clauster' post='108548' date='Dec 23 2007, 02:01 PM']I'm in need of a new tuner and a DI box to run to our band's PA.

I've got a vague memory that one or two folk on here have Zooms that they use for the tuner function, and the 2.1 also has a DI. The unit comes in at about the same price as a tuner pedal + DI and would give me access to those effects that I occasionally want (modulations and delays, wah, etc) but not enough to justify buying a deicated pedal. Just seems to good to be true.

So is the tuner usable?

What's the DI like (I'm not after studio quality)?[/quote]

Haven't tried the DI yet, but the tuner is superb. Very stable and accurate.

Cheers,
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='108744' date='Dec 23 2007, 11:25 PM']Haven't tried the DI yet, but the tuner is superb. Very stable and accurate.

Cheers,
Alun[/quote]
The only time I've tried the DI out, it was very 'hot' and I couldn't find a way to lower the output so now I just use the DI out on my GK amp instead. I'll have a look at the manual and see if there's anything about how to do it..

Totally agree about the Tuner; it's very good!

Cheers guys, tis good to the tuner works.

Nik, thanks for the heads up about the DI. I've downloaded the manual so I'll have a read to see if its adjustable. I'd rather bit hot than too low tho so not too worried. Or is TOO hot?

Hamster, thanks for the heads up on yours, but the DI and USB are two of the things that draw me to the 2.1. I'm sure you'll find a taker - there's a lot of FX in that box for £20!

I have one for sale,boxed with instructions and zoom power adaptor(but i dont have the Cubase software c.d.)..looking for 40quid,plus whatever the postage will be,or if you prefer you could pick up(i live in Ellesmere Port,near to Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village)....slight scratch on face of unit,dont know whether pictures will show it...cheers Craig

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='108891' date='Dec 24 2007, 12:29 PM']I have one for sale,boxed with instructions and zoom power adaptor(but i dont have the Cubase software c.d.)..looking for 40quid,plus whatever the postage will be,or if you prefer you could pick up(i live in Ellesmere Port,near to Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village)....slight scratch on face of unit,dont know whether pictures will show it...cheers Craig[/quote]

Hi, I might be interested as I'm thinking of swapping my B2 for a B2.1u but I'd like to get to know more about editing the patches via USB ? A lot of sites reference 'remote patch editor software' but I can't find any sign of it anywhere on t'interweb ?

Any experience with this ?? Thanks, Darren

[quote name='clauster' post='108809' date='Dec 24 2007, 09:42 AM']Cheers guys, tis good to the tuner works.

Nik, thanks for the heads up about the DI. I've downloaded the manual so I'll have a read to see if its adjustable. I'd rather bit hot than too low tho so not too worried. Or is TOO hot?

Hamster, thanks for the heads up on yours, but the DI and USB are two of the things that draw me to the 2.1. I'm sure you'll find a taker - there's a lot of FX in that box for £20![/quote]
Happy Xmas!

Not sure if it's TOO hot as we tried it in haste at a gig and gave up and took a jack out of the FX send in the end.. Let me know if you sus it out, thanks?

[quote name='darwin' post='109395' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:13 AM']Hi, I might be interested as I'm thinking of swapping my B2 for a B2.1u but I'd like to get to know more about editing the patches via USB ? A lot of sites reference 'remote patch editor software' but I can't find any sign of it anywhere on t'interweb ?

Any experience with this ?? Thanks, Darren[/quote]

there is no editor software for the B2.1U... it's the G7.1UT and G9.1tt that have a librarian package and that's getting picked up in web searches... there are one or two websites that haven't actually checked their "copy" and have quoted some of the Guitar guff on the B2.1U specs... I believe one did it, and the others are thinking it must be true and not actually checking properly. They tend to rip each others copy off.

[url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/g71ut.php"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/g71ut.php[/url]

[url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/gba21u.php"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/gba21u.php[/url]

To be honest, the patches aren't that hard to edit from the unit so I've never felt that I's like to be able to do it by USB anyway. My main reason for going for the 2.1u was the expression pedal which is really handy, but you could always get a seperate one for a B2 if you wanted.

Cheers,
Alun

Not got the DI but..........

While clearing out drawers our spare room late yesterday, I found an old Digitech RP80 that belongs to my wife which she hasn't used in ages, so I've got the tuner and occasional effects part now (the effects are a bit digital "fizzy", but not complaining for free) . Gonna get a cheap DI to tack on the end of my chain.

Off to scour ebay for a case that can be used as an fx board.