Why become a member? ×

Fender 1962 Jazz Bass Headstock Decals

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='953751' date='Sep 12 2010, 05:58 PM']I don`t like posting about the price of things for sale on here but £50???? Each????

If it`s from the US guy that shut down within the last few months, I got a set for £20 including postage. And there was 2 sets in the pack. They look exactly the same as the ones I had.

Having said that, if they aint from Bigdecal.com, I apologise and will delete this post.

Jez[/quote]

These are NOT from Bigdecal.com and cost considerably more than £20 each.

Note the following:

1. When you state that they 'look like they're from BigDecal', I assume you're claiming expertise in Fender branding and have the uncanny ability to immediately distinguish each and every Fender decal ever produced regardless of the fact that they're a generic design.

2. My understanding is that BC guidelines for buyers/sellers specifically discourage buyers from commenting adversely in public on pricing. In fact, I recall seeing guidelines that embody the principles of demand/supply and promote the fair notion that while one prospective purchaser may not consider a price reasonable, another may consider the price fair, reasonable etc. In either case, influencing or undermining a prospective sale based on your personal views is not appropriate.

3. I'm happy to refer all such detractors to a Moderator for arbitration.

[quote name='megazap63' post='953792' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:25 PM']2. My understanding is that BC guidelines for buyers/sellers specifically discourage buyers from commenting adversely in public on pricing.[/quote]
I would hope there's an implicit discouragement of selling counterfeit items, too.
[quote name='megazap63' post='953792' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:25 PM']3. I'm happy to refer all such detractors to a Moderator for arbitration.[/quote]
Fender would probably give you a better answer. Their knowledge of the authenticity of decals is pretty hot, I imagine.

Edited by wateroftyne

You are absolutely correct about commenting on price. But this community, as you know, operates on trust and when a sale price appears unrealistic (or worse, profiteering) it is rarely the case that comments are not made. I nevertheless wish you the best of luck with your sale

No I don`t claim to be an expert on Fender decals but Bigdecal were a US maker of Fender transfers who recently closed their site.

You are quite right, it is against the rules to post about the price of goods that someone places on the marketplace and I will amend my post as I stated. If you feel that you need to report my post to the mods, go ahead.

Jez

[quote name='megazap63' post='953792' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:25 PM']These are NOT from Bigdecal.com and cost considerably more than £20 each.

Note the following:

1. When you state that they 'look like they're from BigDecal', I assume you're claiming expertise in Fender branding and have the uncanny ability to immediately distinguish each and every Fender decal ever produced regardless of the fact that they're a generic design.

2. My understanding is that BC guidelines for buyers/sellers specifically discourage buyers from commenting adversely in public on pricing. In fact, I recall seeing guidelines that embody the principles of demand/supply and promote the fair notion that while one prospective purchaser may not consider a price reasonable, another may consider the price fair, reasonable etc. In either case, influencing or undermining a prospective sale based on your personal views is not appropriate.

3. I'm happy to refer all such detractors to a Moderator for arbitration.[/quote]

Wind it in mate.

You have failed on the below rules straight off:

[i]3. These forums are for selling USED items only. If you are a trader then get in touch with a moderator who will be able to help you.

4. Moderators will step in and remove fraudulent or otherwise dodgy items. If there are any concerns or questions please PM a moderator.[/i]

Your selling a counterfeit item. As far as I am concerned, that takes it outside the realms of "forum rules on For Sale posts".

Edited by neilb

[quote name='Clarky' post='953822' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:38 PM']You are absolutely correct about commenting on price. But this community, as you know, operates on trust and when a sale price appears unrealistic (or worse, profiteering) it is rarely the case that comments are not made. I nevertheless wish you the best of luck with your sale[/quote]

Clarky,

Appreciate your acknowledgement, and many thanks for your wishes. Decals were advertised on another forum and have now sold at the stated price.

To all others contributing to this post - for the record, negotiation and/or a simple inquiry as to flexibility of pricing is more appropriate rather than an assumption that I'm taking a blatantly profiteering approach or trying to rip off others.

Regards, Chris

[quote name='megazap63' post='953792' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:25 PM']These are NOT from Bigdecal.com and cost considerably more than £20 each.

Note the following:

3. I'm happy to refer all such detractors to a Moderator for arbitration.[/quote]

Please report me to the mods for calling you a c**k

C

[quote name='megazap63' post='953879' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:36 PM']Clarky,

Appreciate your acknowledgement, and many thanks for your wishes. Decals were advertised on another forum and have now sold at the stated price.

To all others contributing to this post - for the record, negotiation and/or a simple inquiry as to flexibility of pricing is more appropriate rather than an assumption that I'm taking a blatantly profiteering approach or trying to rip off others.

Regards, Chris[/quote]

It can't be this well known "[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-Headstock-Decal-/120620734654?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c158e58be"]forum[/url]" could it?

They are unsold at present.

Edited by neilb

[quote name='neilb' post='953836' date='Sep 12 2010, 06:49 PM']Wind it in mate.

You have failed on the below rules straight off:

[i]3. These forums are for selling USED items only. If you are a trader then get in touch with a moderator who will be able to help you.

4. Moderators will step in and remove fraudulent or otherwise dodgy items. If there are any concerns or questions please PM a moderator.[/i]

Your selling a counterfeit item. As far as I am concerned, that takes it outside the realms of "forum rules on For Sale posts".[/quote]

In the event that you have the ability to understand and correctly interpret legal documents, I refer you to UK legislation relating to Fair Trading. You will find that under definitions contained therein, the items I have recently sold conform with the definition of used items.

So wind it in yourself mate, you don't know what you're on about.

[quote name='neilb' post='953893' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:45 PM']It can't be this well known "[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-Headstock-Decal-/120620734654?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c158e58be"]forum[/url]" could it?

They are unsold at present.[/quote]

No, not this one - but thanks for the reminder to cancel the ad!

[quote name='megazap63' post='953899' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:51 PM']In the event that you have the ability to understand and correctly interpret legal documents, I refer you to UK legislation relating to Fair Trading. You will find that under definitions contained therein, the items I have recently sold conform with the definition of used items.

So wind it in yourself mate, you don't know what you're on about.[/quote]

C**k

[quote name='megazap63' post='953901' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:52 PM']No, not this one - but thanks for the reminder to cancel the ad![/quote]

Under which of Ebays cancellation conditions will you cancel?

Cant recall a condition of "ive sold it elsewhere".

Edited by neilb