Why become a member? ×

Tramp bass amps

thebassmandave

The Tramp was made by "Ohm" I seem to recall and they made some other good quality stuff. I wanted one of their larger combos, having heard one in use at a small jazz/rock gig where the bassist was playing a fretless and a Chapman Stick through one - I think it would have been a 1x15.

Never got round to buying one though and I can only guess that Ohm must have either gone belly-up or been swallowed by a competitor?

[quote name='Krysbass' post='109827' date='Dec 27 2007, 12:13 PM']The Tramp was made by "Ohm" I seem to recall and they made some other good quality stuff. I wanted one of their larger combos, having heard one in use at a small jazz/rock gig where the bassist was playing a fretless and a Chapman Stick through one - I think it would have been a 1x15.

Never got round to buying one though and I can only guess that Ohm must have either gone belly-up or been swallowed by a competitor?[/quote]

I had an 80w 1x15 Ohm combo with a five band eq and a flat/contour switch. Canny little amp but ran out of steam about halfway up the volume knob! Ohm are still going strong, though not in bass amps but in installed theatre and club systems.

Interesting.

I didn't know they were made by Ohm.

I remember only seeing one other amp the same as the one I had and that was at Joe Hubbard's flat when I went over there to take a bass lesson.

Sometimes get a bit nostalgic......

There was a music shop in Walton-Upon Thames called Twangs which was where I got my first bass and amp.

I don't think it's there any more.

I often wondered if it closed down or moved.

Seemed a pretty magical place to me at the time.