Why become a member? ×

Posting an amp

Jono Bolton

I'm selling my Peavey bass combo, and I need to post it. Which services are the best for posting big parcels like this? I only really know of Parcelforce, and previous experience hasn't been great. Also, a guy from Oz wants to know how much it's going to be to post it, what would be a good service to send it overseas? Parcelforce Worldwide is putting it at about £340, does that sound about right.

I went through [url="http://www.interparcel.com/"]Interparcel[/url] to ship my cab and was happy enough. Although it took 2 days their 'city link next day' service came in at £20 +vat and they used UPS standard. They also give discounts for repeat business.

Click on "Quote and Book" and it'll work out a quote for Oz for ya.

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='110050' date='Dec 27 2007, 09:24 PM']340 quid to post to oz....plus the price of the amp...dont they have music shops down under :)[/quote]
That's what I thought. There's no way he thought it could be cheaper to have it shipped from here than to buy one over there. Anyway, it sold with Buy It Now, to someone in Derbyshire. I think I'll be using Interparcel, it's gonna be £24.99 + VAT to ship it for next day delivery as opposed to £38 for Parcelforce 48