Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBT500h head (No longer for sale)

[font="Arial Black"]EDIT[/font] - this has been for sale for a while and after pairing it with the power amp I bought recently off Ed / Elliotminor, have realised how damn impressive and flexible it is as a pre-amp. On reflection the pre-amp section is stunning, but it lacks a little on the power side (not as loud as you'd expect for 500w - especially if you put it into cabs 4 ohms+) Thanks for not biting my arm off as it's enabled me to take another look at this great amp and find a way to make it work really well for me. Cheers, Stu

<be>Yamaha BBT500h head</be>
Very flexible class D modelling amp with wide range of tones. Good punchy sound and puts out the full 500W through the two 4ohm 2x10 cabs. If you want to change settings mid-song you can switch from different models via a midi footpedal (not included)

[attachment=392:DSC_5420.jpg]
[attachment=393:DSC_5422.jpg]

It's all in excellent condition - bedroom use, plus four small charity gigs (we're not good enough to play for cash!). Reason for sale is that I fancy a change of bass rig (damn GAS!). I have bought and sold other stuff (as 'stubass') on the old BW, so don't be put off by the newbie rating.

Would prefer collection from near Guildford, Surrey (for a cup of tea and chance to try the stuff out) or alternatively just add postage at cost price.

Any questions, just p.m. me

Cheers

Stu

Edited by onehappybunny

Hiya mate,
Don't suppose i could tempt you to part with your two BBT210's for my Ibanez BTB 6-string could i?
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270123871850&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=017[/url]
with maybe a cash adjustment from my side? PM me dude......

[quote name='BassJase' post='10315' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:38 AM']Hiya mate,
Don't suppose i could tempt you to part with your two BBT210's for my Ibanez BTB 6-string could i?
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270123871850&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=017[/url]
with maybe a cash adjustment from my side? PM me dude......[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Jase, but I'm really after cash to fund new rig. Good luck with the sale. cheers, Stu

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='15937' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:15 PM']Speedbump!![/quote]

Sorry about the additional bump so soon (bad BC etiquette :)) but I've found a poweramp from a fellow BC'er and have dropped price down from 250 to 200...surely has to be a good deal at that price :huh:

I paid £500 for mine about 18months ago, and don't regret one penny. These are by far the most versatile amp i've played through by a country mile, and this is easily worth £200 for the compression alone.
Have a free bump, and if you ever decide to flog those cabs PLEASE let me have first refusal...!

[quote name='BassJase' post='16614' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:08 AM']I paid £500 for mine about 18months ago, and don't regret one penny. These are by far the most versatile amp i've played through by a country mile, and this is easily worth £200 for the compression alone.
Have a free bump, and if you ever decide to flog those cabs PLEASE let me have first refusal...![/quote]

Thanks Jase... I agree it's a really versatile lightweight amp... I'm also amazed at lack of interest at this price... if it wasn't for my wife's one-in-one-out policy :) I'd be tempted to keep it as a back up (b.t.w. will let you know if I ever decide to flog the cabs)

• 2 weeks later...

Id haste to bet its down to the fact that most people will only own 4ohms worth of cabs. Which is a crying shame as ive heard great things about these little fellas! Anyway, its an excuse to get more cabs, so what are you all waiting for?! aha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='27644' date='Jul 5 2007, 10:17 PM']Thanks - PM replied to... still for sale :)[/quote]

I've just bought a beautiful EBS Neo 4 ohm cab and may be interested again in trying this in the near future, if it's still available.

[quote name='therealting' post='35064' date='Jul 21 2007, 01:07 AM']I've just bought a beautiful EBS Neo 4 ohm cab and may be interested again in trying this in the near future, if it's still available.[/quote]

Hiya

Alas it's no longer for sale.

I have used the significant time this amp has been for sale to find a way to make it work for me and I've realised that it's a blooming brillant pre-amp

I reckon it would be a little underpowered paired with one 4 ohm cab unless you are just playing small jazz style venues. Paired with a power amp it's excellent (see amended first posting)

Cheers

Stu