Why become a member? ×

New Sensation - INXS

Marvin

A member of a potential new band wishes to play New Sensation by INXS.

Good I thought, BUT, I've listened to it at least a dozens times and the bass is so hidden in the mix it's barely audible. I've checked the usual TAB websites, but I'm not sure how useful some of the TABs are. I haven't actually tried playing it yet.

I know it's going to be hideously simple and shame on me for asking but does anyone know what the hell he's playing?

Ta.

I played it in a covers band years ago and it just thuds the root notes in the verses..I did funk it up a touch in the chorus but nothing outrageous..that songs is all about the guitarist (s)...weirdly enough.

Love the song though,Devil Inside has got more of a groove going on!?!

[quote name='Marvin' post='972143' date='Sep 29 2010, 10:11 PM']Good I thought, BUT, I've listened to it at least a dozens times and the bass is so hidden in the mix it's barely audible. I've checked the usual TAB websites, but I'm not sure how useful some of the TABs are. I haven't actually tried playing it yet.[/quote]

Look for a live version on Youtube - I was listening to one recently, I think from Wembley (sp?) arena, and the bass was more prominent in the mix.

Jennifer

Thanks for the tip on the You Tube clip Jennifer, it's a lot clearer.

And thanks to the you all, it's going to thumping out root notes with maybe some embellishments in the chorus.

Cheers

EDIT: I've just been watching/listening to a few live clips and damn they were good.

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Marvin' post='973280' date='Sep 30 2010, 10:13 PM']EDIT: I've just been watching/listening to a few live clips and damn they were good.[/quote]

Indeed, great band with some great tunes. The first time I heard the "Kick" album it totally blew me away.

Jennifer

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1407260369' post='2518939']
Plenty where that came from. Any requests?
[/quote]

Great - anything really, always looking for more dots to read.
If you have any more INXS that would be great - a much under appreciated band in my opinion....

• 2 weeks later...