Why become a member? ×

Does anyone name their guitars.

metalmaniac

I have a suspician my basses will get named after my exes, one in particular will take on the name of one in particular, it was delivered to her house, and it was a bit rubbish, I worked on it, and it got better, but ultimately its only filling in till I get a better one, but I will look back on it fondly. Seems harshly appropriate.

All of my basses have names they are my friends. See below for their names. Unlike many of you most of my basses have boys names some are neither one nor the other. Syd is a girl. One self custom is called the alien. I know I am very very SAD

[quote name='beeg' post='113678' date='Jan 4 2008, 06:35 PM']All of my basses have names they are my friends. See below for their names. Unlike many of you most of my basses have boys names some are neither one nor the other. Syd is a girl. One self custom is called the alien. I know I am very very SAD[/quote]
Your friends with Mr.T?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='chardbass' post='114722' date='Jan 6 2008, 03:02 PM']No names, but if they had to be a gender it would be male.
There ain't nothing feminine about any bass I would want to play.
It's a voice thing too- deep voice..[/quote]

I prefer my women with deep voices.....

....and big hands.

All my instruments are/were named after blaxploitation type movies...I only have one let unfortunately.

My 8 string custom hybrid bass/guitar was called 'Jackie Brown'.
The Yamaha TRB was called 'Truck Turner'.
A battered fretted to fretless cheap J copy is called 'Dolemite'.
My old Encore was 'Superfly'
My only current one left is my Ibanez GWB35 called 'Boss Ni**er' by a friend of mine (I wont use the word here in case if offends).
I've already seen 'Shorty the Pimp' and just need to save the money to buy it so I can have a fretted bass back in my fold at last.

Edited by Mikey D

[quote name='dangerboy' post='111686' date='Dec 31 2007, 11:55 PM']So far I have The Bass Of Death, Ye Basse Of Olde, A Bass Named For The Decline Of Industrial Britain and now I have to think of a name for the frankojazz I've nearly finished.[/quote]
How about Frank O'Jazz, after the well known Irish fusion bassist? :) :huh: