Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Mr Bassman

munkonthehill

I had the pleasure Of meeting Keith and family today whilst purchasing some ampeg gear.

Im glad to be the first person to leave feedback and to say that Keith is an absoute gent and a pleasure to have met and dealt with.

I hope this is the start of many comments about this chap and I can verify that Keith is as honest as the day.

Thanks again Keith and I hope to meet up again at some point.

Cheer
Steven

• 2 months later...

Keith has been kind enough to lend me an adjustable bass bridge and Underwood PUP to enable me to experiment with action, tone and amplification on my Yamaha SLB. He's a great example of the best kind of guy on this forum. He also clearly know his stuff re basses!

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got my EA Wizzy 10 in the post from Keith. He's been a true gent throughout the whole process - prompt, friendly and reliable, as well as a good laugh. He was willing to provide any details I asked for (either of the cab or of himself) and even spoke to me on the phone to put me at ease. Sent the cab next day delivery, and it arrived beautifully and safely packaged.

Cheers Keith!

Just bought an Acoustic Image combo off Keith. He was great to deal with, as per all the previous feedback. Its sitting waiting at home for me, so I haven't tried it yet. But I have no doubt it will be a cracking piece of kit and well looked after :)

Many thanks Keith! Now if only it had been your Kolstein, not a combo :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ermm, yep, guess who again? Another great BassChat transaction with the charming Keith - this time we met face to face in a car park, had a chinwag, eyed up each others' basses and I ended up bringing not the planned one, but two, home. Keith also went his way with an unplanned addition to the household :) Top man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I visited Keith at his home and got a fantastic welcome. I spent ages peering at the innards of a German flatback he was selling on behalf of a friend. The friend was there and made me tea. Keith broke a small hand mirror in his determination to make sure I could see all the repairs inside the bass. I played his other basses and he was so chatty and knowledgeable, patient and kind. He sent photos, videos, mail and texts and spoke on the phone while I ummed and ahhed over whether to make the journey from Cardiff to Harrogate. He advised on modifications I may do in the future and is now giving me advice on endpins. A truly decent chap. And the bass - oh wow. It is gorgeous. Loud. Great sustain. I am thrilled to bits.