Why become a member? ×

How to rackmount my trace?

TheRinser

Hello everyone, happy new year!

I've had my AH600 for a while now, it's mint condition and I'd like to keep it that way. The more I gig with it the more worried I get that the wooden trace rack sleeve isn't really giving it the protection it needs. It's pretty much just going in the boot of my car and occasionally in a van, but I really don't want the back or front to get scratched/gouged/knackered. I've been looking at a 3U plastic rack case from flightcase warehouse.

I called them up to ask if I'd be able to get the front panel on over my trace UV thing, as this takes up the bottom unit and overhangs a bit (can't remember quite how much by). I needed to know if the inside bottom edge of the front panel was curved like the outside, or if it was a right angle. They were generally unhelpful and uninterested and suggested I find a shop in London, try it out and if it fits give them a call, rather than measure the inside of their case.

Unfortunately I can't find any other 3U plastic cases about or I'd happily take my money elsewhere.

So... Does anyone know of anywhere else I can get a cheap(ish) 3U case which would fit a '97 trace? It doesn't need to be the strongest thing ever, just needs to not fall apart going in and out of a car, and stop cosmetic damage (and preferably be lighter than Trace's wooden beast).

Cheers,

Tom

PS - Happy new year again, hope it's a good one :)

[quote name='TheRinser' post='112341' date='Jan 2 2008, 03:18 PM']Cheers for the reply Neil! Is the case you have one of the metal ones? I've been on the lookout for a plastic 3U case but can't seem to find one anywhere other than flightcase warehouse, and from the look of the front cover it seems pretty shallow...[/quote]

My case is ABS plastic/metal etc. Just to give you an idea of the space between the front of my amp and the internal face of the front lid, I leave a 1/4" jack plugged into the SEND socket at the front, this is connected to my rack tuner. The front cover has enough space to clear the end of the jack...and some.