Why become a member? ×

How Many Gigs did you do in 2007?

birdy

About half a dozen ceilidhs (missed a couple as both bands were playing some nights) and 20-30 with the covers band. Did two or three acoustic duo ones. Also played in the house band and in the acoustic duo most Thursdays at the Roadhouse open mic nights.

somewhere between not enough and too many!!
i honestly don't know. half a dozen on guitar and maybe 30 on bass (originals)

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='112482' date='Jan 2 2008, 06:37 PM']About 35 - all but three (deps) with my two bands, Funkee Clawed (blues) and Somethin' Else (pub rock).[/quote]

bizarrely (or coincidentally) my dad played in a pub rock band called somethin' else.

[quote name='chardbass' post='112284' date='Jan 2 2008, 01:49 PM']Thanks to my place of work (big holiday/entertainment resort in Somerset, begins with B, and isn't Pontins :huh: ) I played about 280 nights, 2 sets average.

Stamina is good, reading is good, wrists and technique not so good :) :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Blimey that's a lot of gigs. If you want to see really bad technique though, just pop along to the Phoenix next week! (assuming you are in Chard that is)

Oh and to add to the OP, I played 12 gigs last year (all in the last 6 months). Should be on for about 30/40 in 2008.

[quote name='elom' post='113271' date='Jan 3 2008, 11:35 PM']Blimey that's a lot of gigs. If you want to see really bad technique though, just pop along to the Phoenix next week! (assuming you are in Chard that is)[/quote]

Not actually in Chard- got married there in Nov tho!
Chard is a shortened form of my name- Richard.
Have a good gig- technique 'n' all!!

Nowhere near enough... about 12 but 3 were short 4-song sets.

Wasn't helped by leaving one of the bands as I couldn't live with the unpredictability of the singer - he would change song structure on a whim and we had to just try and keep up with him and once he did a different set to one the rest of the band had as our set list!

Plus in my main band our guitarist left at the end of July to go an live on his boat in Cornwall. Our new guitarist is just about fully gig ready so here's hoping that gigs in 2008 are a bit more regular.

around 40...ish,add 5 recording sessions for mates,and 5 Auditions or CVs with cds sent,overdubbing the prospectives with my Bass,got nowt..oh well.

took loooong time out from spring/summer,because of illness,and I just needed change.

Xmas was quiet was offered £250 for Xmas eve....Told the geezer to shove it,because he never gave us the 5 gigs at the same rate in the next year,last year.

Drummer is allegedly going to book like crazy for the money this year. It'll be nice.

I did 19 with my regular band plus another couple depping for another two bands (all covers I should add - haven't done the originals thing for 17 years, don't miss it either).

Main target for the main band is to do about 20 this year, although to be honest, I would like to do more.

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

Approximately 127 played in 2007, give or take

About a 70/30 Covers/Originals ratio

See my list in the 'Gigs' section for the first half of this years covers and originals gig list!
This year should definitely see me doing a lot more originals gigs and tours, many exciting plans in the pipeline.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Ten for me I think. Nope, eleven. Forgot about Rockers in Glasgow, which was horrible. Just under one gig a month isn't too bad I don't think for a band that only formed at the end of 2006, where until a few months go all 5 of us were still studying at uni.