Why become a member? ×

How Many Gigs did you do in 2007?

birdy

I win - 79 in total and a couple of studio dates. Mostly jazz trios but a few with a 9 piece Latin band and a whole load of funcions over the summer - bit of this and a bit of that. My best year to date in numerical terms but the quality of music in East Anglia is not great so quantity over quality this year, I am afraid.....

I THINK I have only played two original tunes in the whole of 2007 (while no one was looking). The scene sucks, doesn't it?

A whole 1! Band got together in february - first gig in july - then a break for summer holidays - the drummer left, swiftly by gitarist (sic) in September. Found new bods in October - other gitarist (again, sic) went AWOL soon after. Found another guitarist - next gig booked for 8th Feb.

I did 154 gigs, including 3 studio dates and 1 radio. I play in 4 bands and depped in a further 6 bands to get this total. I did some good gigs, festivals and clubs, but mostly they were 4th division stuff. This year I need to improve my networking in order to up the quality and money.

Was just looking at my fingertips last night and thinking "Couldn't do with a bit of a break now"

Thankfully, I have 3 weeks off now, 2 of which will be spent on honeymoon on a piece of sand :)

Thanks to my place of work (big holiday/entertainment resort in Somerset, begins with B, and isn't Pontins :huh: ) I played about 280 nights, 2 sets average.

Stamina is good, reading is good, wrists and technique not so good :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

18 for me in 2007.

Me and the lads in the band tend to pick and choose a bit.... quality rather than quantity (official reason for the low number).

Or (the real reason): we always get to this time of the year and remember that we should have got some gigs sorted for this year back in October when all the other local bands were getting them!

We've got 5 so far for 2008 - God knows how..... I think they contacted us!

Cheers,

Mart

Edited by woodenshirt

Every other week on average but only 18 in total this year as I 'retired' due to being stressed out about my tinitus in March. By July I couldn't take not playing live anymore so took up an offer to join a function band with regular gigs again from August on.

I've learnt to accept my Tinitus now and how to live it. At gigs I put my plugs in when I arrive at a gig and take them out after packing away. Maybe I'm a bit over the top but better safe than sorry !

I'm much less stressed according to my wife now I'm back in a band... :)