Why become a member? ×

Bass_Guardians Feedback

Bass_Guardian

Right then, made contact with Bass_guardian regarding his Yamaha RBX a2 (now mine, I might add) and he was more than helpful. We sent messages back and forth, exchanged texts and when I decided to buy it he was very quick to provide contact details and to put my mind at ease.

Payment was made Monday night, and he got the bass in the post yesterday at 4pm. Arrived this morning in Oxford at about 9:20 all the way from Scotland. Bass was very well packed in its case (it took me about 10 minutes to get through all the paper and bubble wrap). The bass itself was also wrapped, with the strings downtuned. I don't have an amp here at work but the bass looks in great condition and exactly as he showed it.

Good lad, thanks again!

[quote name='Jam' post='994491' date='Oct 20 2010, 09:54 AM']Right then, made contact with Bass_guardian regarding his Yamaha RBX a2 (now mine, I might add) and he was more than helpful. We sent messages back and forth, exchanged texts and when I decided to buy it he was very quick to provide contact details and to put my mind at ease.

Payment was made Monday night, and he got the bass in the post yesterday at 4pm. Arrived this morning in Oxford at about 9:20 all the way from Scotland. Bass was very well packed in its case (it took me about 10 minutes to get through all the paper and bubble wrap). The bass itself was also wrapped, with the strings downtuned. I don't have an amp here at work but the bass looks in great condition and exactly as he showed it.

Good lad, thanks again![/quote]

:)

Alex just bought my Rockinbetter Rickenfaker and as Jam says he's very helpful indeed, lot's of pm's so we alsways knew where we were.

Happy to deal again, (in fact we are dealing again with an amp) :)

Thanks mate, enjoy the bass!

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='994838' date='Oct 20 2010, 02:14 PM']Alex just bought my Rockinbetter Rickenfaker and as Jam says he's very helpful indeed, lot's of pm's so we alsways knew where we were.

Happy to deal again, (in fact we are dealing again with an amp) :)

Thanks mate, enjoy the bass![/quote]

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I met Alex on Saturday and we exchanged my Jim Deacon P/J for his Squier Bronco Batdtz Maru bass.
Very nice to meet you and chat for a while despite the lack of caffeine-dealing establishments open for business at merely 6pm. But... what am I thinking, that was Glasgow! If there's no alcohol in a beverage, then they're not interested! :)
Just kidding, I love Glasgow.

Very pleased with the deal, and happy to meet Alex in person.

:)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1008659' date='Nov 1 2010, 03:59 PM']I met Alex on Saturday and we exchanged my Jim Deacon P/J for his Squier Bronco Batdtz Maru bass.
Very nice to meet you and chat for a while despite the lack of caffeine-dealing establishments open for business at merely 6pm. But... what am I thinking, that was Glasgow! If there's no alcohol in a beverage, then they're not interested! :D
Just kidding, I love Glasgow.

Very pleased with the deal, and happy to meet Alex in person.

:)[/quote]
Thank you Jose and next time ill bring a nice flask of hot coffee :) without alcohol :P

Alex :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently approached Alex about the Tokai Hard Puncher that he's selling.

Although I haven't bought it (mainly because I haven't been able to try it out in person), Alex went out of his way to try and help me come to a decision, including recording a video of him playing the bass just so I could get a rough idea of how it sounds.

Whilst I was humming and hawing around for ages, Alex was really patient and helpful with me, which says a lot about the kind of person, and the kind of Basschat forum member he is.

So, thanks a lot Alex - sorry it didn't work out this time!

And for anyone else looking to deal with him, you can take it from me and everyone else who's already left feedback here, that Alex is a great person to deal with.

Cheers

Nik

• 3 months later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1480852074' post='3187507']
I recently approached Alex about the Tokai Hard Puncher that he's selling.

Although I haven't bought it (mainly because I haven't been able to try it out in person), Alex went out of his way to try and help me come to a decision, including recording a video of him playing the bass just so I could get a rough idea of how it sounds.

Whilst I was humming and hawing around for ages, Alex was really patient and helpful with me, which says a lot about the kind of person, and the kind of Basschat forum member he is.

So, thanks a lot Alex - sorry it didn't work out this time!

And for anyone else looking to deal with him, you can take it from me and everyone else who's already left feedback here, that Alex is a great person to deal with.

Cheers

Nik
[/quote]

Thanks Nik :) hopefully you find the right bass for you.

• 4 months later...

I just bought a lovely bass from Alex and am very pleased cant wait to try it out properly on my rig :) This was a really easy deal and the communication was spot on every step of the way also the bass arrived the very next day after I paid for it :) Alex is a really nice fella to deal with 10/10 from me deal with confidence :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1500883445' post='3340718'] I just bought a lovely bass from Alex and am very pleased cant wait to try it out properly on my rig :) This was a really easy deal and the communication was spot on every step of the way also the bass arrived the very next day after I paid for it :) Alex is a really nice fella to deal with 10/10 from me deal with confidence :) [/quote]

Thanks Paul :) You're a gent. I hope you enjoy the bass :)