Why become a member? ×

Everlasting love by the love affair. Need urgent help.

dave_bass5

Guys.
Really need help with the above song.
My Bass has just packed up at home and i cant get to my working bass until my gig on Sat but i need to learn the above song as a first dance.

Could anyone be able to tab out (or just jot down) the notes of the Chorus for me.

im pretty sure its based around E - Eb - Db - F# - B but there are some other notes played as well. Im just not going to be able to figure it out before the gig.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='113290' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:11 AM']Guys.
My Bass has just packed up at home and i cant get to my working bass until my gig on Sat but i need to learn the above song as a first dance.

Could anyone be able to tab out (or just jot down) the notes of the Chorus for me.

im pretty sure its based around E - Eb - Db - F# - B but there are some other notes played as well. Im just not going to be able to figure it out before the gig.

Thanks for any help.[/quote]

I used to play that as our opening number many years ago. If I can get hold of a copy tomorrow, and refresh myself, I'll try and help you out.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='113290' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:11 AM']Guys.

Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Hope this helps. From memory it sounds ok but I don't have a recording on hand to check it :)

[attachment=4522:Everlasting_love.pdf]

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='113327' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:44 AM']Hope this helps. From memory it sounds ok but I don't have a recording on hand to check it :)

[attachment=4522:Everlasting_love.pdf]

Hamster[/quote]

Thanks for the help guys.
I can email a copy of the song to you if that would help.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='113532' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:56 PM']If you let me know what they are, and I can help out if I have the time, I will.

Cheers,
Pete.[/quote]

Thanks for the kind off but it was a joke. well, the bit about asking for help.

This was just a one off as my Bass has decided to go on strike and i dont have my main one at home.
Normally i don't have any problems with learning songs. Keeps me out of the kids way in the evenings.;-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='113534' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:59 PM']Thanks for the kind off but it was a joke. well, the bit about asking for help.

This was just a one off as my Bass has decided to go on strike and i dont have my main one at home.
Normally i don't have any problems with learning songs. Keeps me out of the kids way in the evenings.;-)[/quote]

Oh,OK. No worries. I'm clearly not with it, only having had 3 hours kip the night before last, a drive to Brighton and back yesterday, and then the dog getting me up at 4am this morning! :)

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='113535' date='Jan 4 2008, 02:02 PM']Oh,OK. No worries. I'm clearly not with it, only having had 3 hours kip the night before last, a drive to Brighton and back yesterday, and then the dog getting me up at 4am this morning! :)[/quote]

No problem. i was like that at the weekend (minus the dog but with two kids).
Off up to Leeds tomorrow for the wedding. Hope it warms up a bit.

I did a spell in love affair in the 80's, the herbie flowers riff is fairly simple once you nail it,the intro has a decending bass with the first 5th being played twice, the third decending root and 5th, then 2 walking up scales, then the dodgy root note thing for the verses, a pleccy song ideally,you dont need tab, a good ear and a few run throughs should nail it, have fun.