Why become a member? ×

Warwick combo's

Al.B

hi all, sorry if this has been done to death already but i am in the market for a combo and i'm in two minds as to get the Warwick sweet 25.1 or the ccl (the 15" model). Does anyone have any knowledge of these combo's ? Specifically does the ccl have enough mid and top range ?? which one would you buy ?? to make matters worse i'm still considering the wild card of the Ampeg BA115hp. A town the size of Reading and no-one stocks this stuff, still any info greatly received.
cheers
Al.

I've got a Warwick CCL 1x15 combo that may be up for sale soon.
It's the non-neo speaker one so weighs a bit more.
Mids and tops seem Ok There's a tweeter and a top boost switch.
Depends on what you pug into it of course. It's fine with my mega P bass.

PM me if you are interested.
OG

Hi Al.

I have a warwick combo purchased new a few years back from the bass centre. It's not actually one of the ones that you are asking about, but thought I would reply anyway.

I am actually using this amp again lately as its so much lighter than my trace elliot, which I struggle to lift these days.

The build quality is very good and over the years has been very reliable. I've always found it easy to get a decent sound from the available controls.

The model I have is fitted with a 15" speaker, which on it's own does a good enough job, although on occassions I felt it struggled a bit. I think this is the case with a lot of combos of this rating (150 watts)> the addition of a 2 x 10" extension cab allowed a huge improvement.

I was planning to sell the warwick and extension cab a while back, but so glad that I didn't as it's so easy to lift and set up, provides a good sound and is loud enough.

All the best Gary.