Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash 2010

Tait

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='1365731' date='Sep 7 2011, 08:40 PM']I know the assistant manager from the Maze pretty well. I could have a word.[/quote]

I think we need a function room rather than a venue, the point is to have all the gear set up so people can mingle and try stuff rather than a gig environment. From what I remember (going back several years) there's too many tables and not enough sockets/close wall space to make the Maze a good venue for a bass bash. It's a good idea though, but I think the last one was a nice enough place (apart from the chavs hanging around outside early on).

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1365984' date='Sep 8 2011, 01:55 AM']I think we need a function room rather than a venue, the point is to have all the gear set up so people can mingle and try stuff rather than a gig environment. From what I remember (going back several years) there's too many tables and not enough sockets/close wall space to make the Maze a good venue for a bass bash. It's a good idea though, but I think the last one was a nice enough place (apart from the chavs hanging around outside early on).[/quote]

Agreed - I thought the venue last year was fine. Luke (aka Tait) and I organised it last year. As Luke has said, he won't be around this year, and I am struggling with work committments for the next couple of months. I think we need a volunteer to take on the booking of the venue, and organise a new thread for this year's event? The title of this thread is a bit confusing as it implies we've got something booked in November - I'm worried some poor sod will turn up there on 20th November and wonder why nobody else is around!

Edited by simon1964