Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash 2010

Tait

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1000688' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:21 AM']You don't know the 20th may not prove to have much commitment yet...

Tait - can you also add the proposed fate above the list on post one for reference?[/quote]
Don't worry about it, there's a total of about three weekends between now and april in which I'll actually be in Nottingham, all of which are around christmas/new year.

[quote name='retroman' post='1000934' date='Oct 26 2010, 11:11 AM']Defo can't do the 20th, as I am booked on a training course to become a dog trainer for the whole weekend :)[/quote]

That's a shame! The reason I didn't want to do the 28th or 21st is because I'm training to become a fencing coach, so we're in the same boat mate! If we get many more people that can't do the 20th, I'll see about the 27th. It'll mean missing the South East Bash, but I can live with that.

[quote name='Tait' post='997158' date='Oct 22 2010, 03:05 PM']I figured the thread about the Nottingham Bass Bash has been going on so long now without any real organisation I'd try and get started. So If you're planning on coming to the Nottingham Bass Bash, if you could just answer some questions it'll help me with planning it.

On question 1, I did it in weekends to save space. Feel free to post if there's certain dates you can't do. I skipped 27th-28th because that weekend is the South East Bass Bash.

If you answered 2 or 3 on question 2, please post to explain your answer.

Thanks!

Luke.

EDIT:
Looks like we're holding this on the 20th November at the Five Ways, although I've not booked the room yet, so if there are any problems speak up soon!
List of people who hope to be coming (let me know if you want to be added)-
1. Tait
2. Simon1964
3. Pantherairsoft
4. Tauzero
5. dave.c
6. BigRedX
7. Johngh[/quote]

You can add me to the list

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1002668' date='Oct 27 2010, 04:28 PM']Either date is fine for me. If it's at Five Ways I won't be able to bring as much stuff as it's further to walk...[/quote]

I've got loads of room in the people carrier if you (or anyone else!) needs a lift from the City Centre / train station? Also have room for a one or two people if anyone is travelling from Mansfield / Hucknall area.

Hopefully we can get a few more committed to come!

[quote name='simon1964' post='1004016' date='Oct 28 2010, 04:39 PM']I've got loads of room in the people carrier if you (or anyone else!) needs a lift from the City Centre / train station? Also have room for a one or two people if anyone is travelling from Mansfield / Hucknall area.

Hopefully we can get a few more committed to come![/quote]

Simon, thats very generous. I live at the Ice House next to the Ice Stadium in the city centre. I have been offered a lift from mcgraham, pending him being able to get. If he can't get I may take you up on the kind offer so I can bring the EBS rig with me (Both the Fafner & HD350) for people to try.

Shep

You're both welcome to a lift. I'll be travelling in from Mansfield with Luke (Tait). I'll drop him and my gear off and happy to pop into town to pick a few people up - especially if it means getting more tasty gear there!

Luke - worth starting a list of what people are bringing? I'm planning to bring the 1964 Fender Precision, Rickenbacker 4003, Shuker Singlecut, Stingray (with East pre-amp) and Mark Bass combo.

Gear -
Basses…
Roscoe Century Standard Fretless 6
GB Spitfire 6 (Pending delivery from Bernie in time)
RIM Marseer 6 (Pending delivery from Robbie in time)
Ibanez SR2010ASC

Amp/Cab…
EBS Fafner
EBS HD350
EBS Neo212

Everything is pending on transport but in theory the above can be bought along if I can get picked up from my apartment (Or get a taxi and help with unloading at the other end

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Is there anything anyone attending this bash would particularly like me to bring from the following?

Atlansia Solitaire Fretless
Born To Rock F4B
Carlo Robelli 8-string
Fernandes Pie-Zo 07HK
Gus G3
Kramer 450B
Lace Helix 5-string Fretless
Lightwave Sabre A Fretless
Manne Mandobass
Overwater Original
Pedulla Buzz
Reverend Rumblefish
Sei Flamboyant Fretless
Switch Innovo
Tokai Talbo
Traben Phoenix
Yamaha BJ 5B

Otherwise I'll just bring whatever takes my fancy on the day.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1005503' date='Oct 29 2010, 05:31 PM']Is there anything anyone attending this bash would particularly like me to bring from the following?

Atlansia Solitaire Fretless
Born To Rock F4B
Carlo Robelli 8-string
Fernandes Pie-Zo 07HK
Gus G3
Kramer 450B
Lace Helix 5-string Fretless
Lightwave Sabre A Fretless
Manne Mandobass
Overwater Original
Pedulla Buzz
Reverend Rumblefish
Sei Flamboyant Fretless
Switch Innovo
Tokai Talbo
Traben Phoenix
Yamaha BJ 5B

Otherwise I'll just bring whatever takes my fancy on the day.[/quote]

The Gus & The Sei please :-)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1005494' date='Oct 29 2010, 05:22 PM']Gear -
Basses…
Roscoe Century Standard Fretless 6
GB Spitfire 6 (Pending delivery from Bernie in time)
RIM Marseer 6 (Pending delivery from Robbie in time)
Ibanez SR2010ASC

Amp/Cab…
EBS Fafner
EBS HD350
EBS Neo212

Everything is pending on transport but in theory the above can be bough talon gif I can get picked up from my apartment (Or get a taxi and help with unloading at the other end

Shep[/quote]

Happy to offer a lift. Just don't laugh at my attempts to play a fretless 6 string...

I was thinking of bringing

Warwick JD Thumb
Warwick Thumb fretless reprofiled as a JD
Antoniotsai 5-string
Mazeti 5-string fretless
Peavey Grind 6-string

Ashdown Superduperfly (Superfly 1000)
Tech Soundsystems ND410S

Maybe a Crate PB150 as a headphone amp. Or a Tascam CD-BT2.