Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash 2010

Tait

I figured the thread about the Nottingham Bass Bash has been going on so long now without any real organisation I'd try and get started. So If you're planning on coming to the Nottingham Bass Bash, if you could just answer some questions it'll help me with planning it.

On question 1, I did it in weekends to save space. Feel free to post if there's certain dates you can't do. I skipped 27th-28th because that weekend is the South East Bass Bash.

If you answered 2 or 3 on question 2, please post to explain your answer.

Thanks!

Luke.

EDIT:
Now booked for the [b]20th November[/b] at [b]The Five Ways[/b] in Nottingham. It's [b]£6[/b] on the door, and will be from 1.30-6.00pm.

List of people and gear that'll be there -
1. [b]Tait[/b] - Taitycaster, Mark Hoppus Jazz, Ibanez SR500
2. [b]Simon1964[/b] - 1964 Fender Precision, Rickenbacker 4003, Shuker Singlecut, Stingray (with East pre-amp), Fender CIJ Precision, Fender Classic Series 70's Jazz and Mark Bass combo.
3. [b]Pantherairsoft[/b] - Roscoe Century Standard Fretless 6, GB Spitfire 6, RIM Marseer 6, Ibanez SR2010ASC, EBS Fafner, EBS HD350, EBS Neo212
4. [b]Tauzero[/b] - Warwick JD Thumb, Warwick Thumb fretless reprofiled as a JD, Antoniotsai 5-string, Mazeti 5-string fretless, Peavey Grind 6-string, Ashdown Superfly 1000, Tech Soundsystems ND410S
5. [b]dave.c[/b] - See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107644&view=findpost&p=1008127"]Post 59[/url]
6. [b]BigRedX[/b] - See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107644&view=findpost&p=1005503"]Post 42[/url]
7. [b]Johngh[/b] - Fender Jazz MIJ 75 re-issue.
8. [b]Prime_BASS[/b] - Stingray, Markbass LMTube, Barefaced Midget, sansamp para driver, boss LMB-3 and Boss TU-2
9. [b]geoffbyrne[/b] - Westone Thunder IIIb Fretless, GB Shuttle 6, Eminence 3015 in a small cab.
10. [b]Oakbear[/b] - Ritter Okon 6
11. [b]4-string-thing[/b] - 70's Precision, Acoustic 220
12. [b]Geek99[/b] - Stingray copy, CIJ jazz 62 reissue with Prometeus pickups
13. [b]Thombassmonkey[/b] - Warwick Thumb BO5, Warwick Thumb BO5, Ibanez BTB406QM, GK 2001RB-II, 410RBH
14. [b]mcgraham[/b] - W&T Klimt and Zoid fretless
15. [b]dbass[/b] - Dingwall Combustion 5, Warwick Thumb BO4 with Bartolini pickups and Nordstrand pre-amp, Warwick Jazzman BO4, Genz-Benz Shuttle Max 12.0, Mark Bass 6x10 Cab if anyone wants a play!
16. [b]Dread Bass[/b] - ACG Recurve Singlecut 6, Alembic Epic 4 string fretted, Warwick Fortress MM 5 string fretted , Schecter 6 string fretless, Warwick Quad VI Amp, Ampeg svp+ ADA power amp, EBS classic 4x10, Roland Cube 30

Edited by pantherairsoft

I had a couple of minor issues with it:

It was upstairs - at least this year I've got a lighter cab...

I'm not sure how well off we were for car parking space - I got there early so didn't have a problem but it looked as if there might have been a bit of an issue. Did anyone who came have problems paring there?

Neither of those would put me off coming back there again.

I can't vote for a specific weekend because I work weekends, so I'd have to sweet talk my boss into letting me have one off once I know the dates, which shouldn't be too hard provided it's not too close to Christmas.

I'll vote for 'some time in November' then :)

Will be interesting to see what these things are like!!

I know the venue well and its easy to find.

Another suggestion from me would be the 'Five Ways'. While it is further out of town, it does have lots of car parking, a separate room to hire which has its own bar, its easy to find as its sat on the roundabout next to the City Hospital & a major (every 10 minutes) bus route from the city stops outside it for those not bringing cabs etc…

Shep

The Grosvenor was fine the both times i went there, however I'm currently at university in North Wales and won't be back until Christmas (just responding because Luke sent me a PM), so unless it's between the 20th of dec and the 10th of Jan, I won't be there. Don't let me influence whatever weekend you decide to have it though.

Edited by budget bassist

Cheers for the PM :)
I have voted on the above, but I know I definately can't do the weekend of 20/21st November.

As far as a venue goes, would prefer it if it was a venue with plenty of parking, and no stairs to carry gear up. :lol:

How about the place Shep suggested?? Sounds ideal.

[quote name='retroman' post='997510' date='Oct 22 2010, 08:37 PM']Cheers for the PM :)
I have voted on the above, but I know I definately can't do the weekend of 20/21st November.

As far as a venue goes, would prefer it if it was a venue with plenty of parking, and no stairs to carry gear up. :lol:

How about the place Shep suggested?? Sounds ideal.[/quote]

Haha so not the Grosvenor then!

I'll check out the Five Ways. In fact, it's only 21 minutes from me (according to google maps!) and I'm on half term, so a week of doing nothing! Might head up some time this week.

And I'm thinking probably 4th-5th December? Maybe 20th November, but I can't do 21st. I'll wait a day or so to see if there are any more votes.

Edited by Tait

Its worth checking out. Parking for 40 odd vehicles I'd say and no stairs at all (Providing the function room hasn't moved! :-)).

It even has a patio leading off the room for those dirty smokers among you… Don't get your hopes up too much though as we have no idea how much they charge! lol

Sometime in new year please as partner very tired due to nocturnal baby and illness. Actual attendance very much depends on conditions on the day or more accurately the night before
Somewhere ground level would be good.

Shep: I got humbucking versions of those italian pickups for my jazz now

Right, I'm up in that general direction later today, so I'll head up to the Five Ways first, ask about their function room.

Also, who voted that they thought the Grosvenor was poor and why? Obviously you don't have to post explaining, but if you don't explain what was wrong with it, there's nothing I can do about it. Or PM me if you prefer.

[quote name='Geek99' post='999797' date='Oct 25 2010, 10:57 AM']It was me. The room is upstairs, and s I explained in my reply above, bass amps are heavy . I also recall that guy with the seven string smacking his head badly on the door jamb at the top of the stairs.[/quote]

Ahh ok, I saw your post but hadn't realised it was you that voted poor. I'll bear that in mind, I think by the sounds of it the Five Ways is on the ground floor. Like I said earlier, I'm checking it out later, then I'm busy for the next couple of hours, but I'll post when I get home.

Ok, I went to the Five Ways. The function room looks good, for 60 people, but obviously not that many with basses and amps. Its smaller than the Grosvenor, but it should hopefully fit everyone. It needs £75 paying upfront, though. So if we did go for the Five Ways, I was thinking maybe £8 per person? Is that a little high? I just don't want to end up out of pocket for it. Depends how many people can come, obviously. Also, can only do 20th or 27th. I'd quite like to go to the South East bash, so preferably the 20th for me. And that looks good, it had (equally) the most votes. No stairs, and just across the hall from the bar, too. Let me know what you all think.

I would hope we can pull in more than 9 and a half people and hence bring the price down.

Why not start a list on the opening post. If we say Nov 20th as a provisional date, and start a list of those people that would come and be happy to pay in advance. Run the list until the weekend, see how many people have commute and then of we have say 15 people happy to pay in advance we can all paypal you £5 each and book it...

Then if you only get 3 names we can prob write it off.

Sound good?

Put me on the list to get it started...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='1000681' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:06 AM']I'll definitely not be there then, hope you guys have a good time anyway.[/quote]

You don't know the 20th may not prove to have much commitment yet...

Tait - can you also add the proposed fate above the list on post one for reference?