Why become a member? ×

Sims Custom Shop

Sting2007

[quote name='Sting2007' post='114424' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:54 PM']Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has experience with Sims Custom Shop down in Kent ? I am considering getting them to tidy up the paint work on my stingray but i think there on holiday still ? Does anyone reccomend me or advise me not to use this service ?
Thanks[/quote]

The SimS Custom Shop is simply one of the best custom shops in the world period and I'm speaking from over 12 years experience in the industry working with some of the best luthiers and artists. I've known and worked with Martin Sims for at least 12 years now. We helped them establish their reputation in the USA and Europe with the SimS Custom L.E.D. system and introduced them to custom shop work for many of the biggest names in the bass guitar industry.

They handle most of the finishing work for a good many of the top bass and guitar builders in the UK and they are the very first call whenever Fender Europe need any promotional or artist custom work. Some of the biggest names in bass and guitar have let their personal instruments be customised by Martin Sims and his very talented team.

They are the only workshop that we will let anywhere near our Turner and Modulus instruments.

As soon as they're back from their holiday break just call them to discuss anything and you'll get good honest advice as to what will or won't work and a very fair price. Check out references to SimS via the 'Search' facility on the forum. You won't be disappointed.

I hope that helps!

Ian

[quote name='SMART' post='114549' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:20 AM']The SimS Custom Shop is simply one of the best custom shops in the world period and I'm speaking from over 12 years experience in the industry working with some of the best luthiers and artists. I've known and worked with Martin Sims for at least 12 years now. We helped them establish their reputation in the USA and Europe with the SimS Custom L.E.D. system and introduced them to custom shop work for many of the biggest names in the bass guitar industry.

They handle most of the finishing work for a good many of the top bass and guitar builders in the UK and they are the very first call whenever Fender Europe need any promotional or artist custom work. Some of the biggest names in bass and guitar have let their personal instruments be customised by Martin Sims and his very talented team.

They are the only workshop that we will let anywhere near our Turner and Modulus instruments.

As soon as they're back from their holiday break just call them to discuss anything and you'll get good honest advice as to what will or won't work and a very fair price. Check out references to SimS via the 'Search' facility on the forum. You won't be disappointed.

I hope that helps!

Ian[/quote]

Thanks Ian ! you have told me everything i needed to know , i was wondering if they were still on holiday tbh. Thankyou for the advice my friend !

[quote name='Sting2007' post='114623' date='Jan 6 2008, 12:24 PM']Thanks Ian ! you have told me everything i needed to know , i was wondering if they were still on holiday tbh. Thankyou for the advice my friend ![/quote]

I spoke to Martin on Friday so they're back. I can't recommend Martin and his team highly enough, a very professional service and a nice bunch of guys
Chris

I can't really give an opinion on the paint jobs (although they look impressive on the website) but I recently had an LED retrofit done by Sims Custom on my Status and I'm over the moon with the results - see my thread on the statii site here:

[url="http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=2&thread_id=1494"]http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/viewthre...;thread_id=1494[/url]

As I mention in this post, the LED battery was on the way out and the LEDs look loads brighter 'in the flesh'.

Cheers
Matt

Edited by bassmanbish