Why become a member? ×

Canvey Island Bash, Essex

essexbasscat

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Paul S' post='1125977' date='Feb 13 2011, 02:25 PM']Just realised this clashes with a gig - Rock for Haven's Sake is on the same day. Although my lot aren't playing until later in the afternoon I am planning on going all day with some family. Bugger.[/quote]

What a shame Stretch, was hopeing to catch up with you chat about the good old days :)

Ok well I'll bring my portable rig which is -

1 x Aguilar DB112
1 x Aguilar DB112NT

Gallien Krueger MB2 500 head

Status Kingbass 'Graphite' 5 string

I may bring my new 'Funk Board' if I can get it together in time which will have the following -

Akai 'Deep Impact' SB-1
Akai Inteliphase
Akai Unibass UB-1
Markbass Supersynth
Boss OC-2 Ocatve

[quote name='crez5150' post='1126094' date='Feb 13 2011, 04:39 PM']Ok well I'll bring my portable rig which is -

1 x Aguilar DB112
1 x Aguilar DB112NT

Gallien Krueger MB2 500 head

Status Kingbass 'Graphite' 5 string

I may bring my new 'Funk Board' if I can get it together in time which will have the following -

Akai 'Deep Impact' SB-1
Akai Inteliphase
Akai Unibass UB-1
Markbass Supersynth
Boss OC-2 Ocatve[/quote]

I'll be looking forward to hearing this setup. I'll be bringing 2 x GS112's, so there may be a chance for some A/B'ing ?

T

[quote name='Dusty' post='1126053' date='Feb 13 2011, 03:50 PM']What a shame Stretch, was hopeing to catch up with you chat about the good old days :)[/quote]

Methinks you have confused me with someone else, good sir. I don't believe we have old times to chat about, good or otherwise :) Always happy to talk about the new times, though - but not on 10th April.

[quote name='Paul S' post='1126287' date='Feb 13 2011, 07:14 PM']Methinks you have confused me with someone else, good sir. I don't believe we have old times to chat about, good or otherwise :) Always happy to talk about the new times, though - but not on 10th April.[/quote]

I do apollgise Paul, I thought you worked with John Dean many moons ago ! Oops.

[quote name='Paul S' post='1125977' date='Feb 13 2011, 02:25 PM']Just realised this clashes with a gig - Rock for Haven's Sake is on the same day. Although my lot aren't playing until later in the afternoon I am planning on going all day with some family. Bugger.[/quote]
I was going to say "I'm in" - but we're playing RFHS, too... Dr Feelgood are opening.. That's about all I know re: Running order.
I'll drop in if I can, but won't be able to bring everything I would have. sh*te.

• 4 weeks later...

OK it's time to raise the profile of this event a bit. A few names up so far, but the more the merrier !

If anyone fancies doing a slot on the day, such as set ups, technique demonstrations etc please PM Dusty or me.

Looking forward to some methodical A/B testing on the day too.

Cheers

T

This sounds like a good one to come along to. I have a gig that night in Basildon so not too far...I'll see if the girlfriend fancies giving me a lift :)

I can bring an Aguilar DB750, 2 DB212's, Shuker Jazz, pedalboard containing many goodies, an original Mutron III... As I said I'll have to see if a lift is available, but if there is, I can bring any/all of this lot if anyone is interested?

[quote name='Higgie' post='1163963' date='Mar 16 2011, 02:19 AM']This sounds like a good one to come along to. I have a gig that night in Basildon so not too far...I'll see if the girlfriend fancies giving me a lift :)

I can bring an Aguilar DB750, 2 DB212's, Shuker Jazz, pedalboard containing many goodies, an original Mutron III... As I said I'll have to see if a lift is available, but if there is, I can bring any/all of this lot if anyone is interested?[/quote]

I'd definately be up for A/B 'ing this stuff with mine ! I'll be bringing Peavey MKIV head and 2x GS12. Maybe also an Sa450 too.
If transport becomes an issue, give me a shout, as I believe we're not too far from each other ?

Cheers

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1164889' date='Mar 16 2011, 08:01 PM']I'd definately be up for A/B 'ing this stuff with mine ! I'll be bringing Peavey MKIV head and 2x GS12. Maybe also an Sa450 too.
If transport becomes an issue, give me a shout, as I believe we're not too far from each other ?

Cheers

T[/quote]

Very kind of you! Do you drive a Bus? :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='1166571' date='Mar 18 2011, 02:01 AM']Very kind of you! Do you drive a Bus? :)[/quote]

If we economise on cabinet numbers, it may fit into my Astra merit......

Still open to any suggestions for any talks or demonstrations etc on the day !

cheers

Is there anyone out there that would be happy to do a session on setups or other things on the day ?

Just thinking about some of the ideas from the thread "Help my band sounds crap live". Could be worth having a road test of some of those ideas on the day if we can get a guitarist and a drummer along.

There's also a room that can be used for a jam session, so there may be some things for a drummer and guitarist to do on the day.

Not too long to go now........

Edited by essexbasscat

Tis getting close now.....

Heres an idea !!

In the second studio, we could set up a bass rig and a drum kit, and If any budding guitar players would want to come along with you (or may be you would like to play some guitar) we can set it up as a Jam Room !! Mics & PA provided

I'may' be able to provide a guitar amp, but would be better if someone could bring one / two along

Please let me know if this is of interest.......

ALSO.........

As Im donating the use of the Studios for nowt, would attendiees be prepaired to put £5 in the bucket to go towards the BASSCHAT FORUMS running costs ?? Im sure they would appeciatte a few bob in the coffers ??

Dusty :)

[quote name='Phantomnin' post='1172520' date='Mar 22 2011, 08:04 PM']hey.
Just realised I can make this date. Hope there is still space.

I've got a RH450 and a 2x10 and 1x12 and a status streamline and almost 0 talent.

Happy to dontate £5.[/quote]

Be good to have you and your kit there... so wanna see that Streamline !! :)