Why become a member? ×

Canvey Island Bash, Essex

essexbasscat

I believe I can make this. Will bring my Shuker Singlecut fanned-fret, POD X3 Live, Sennheiser hd202 headphones. Would anyone be interested if I brought my Hartke HA3500 and BFM Omni 10, or are we OK for rigs that make a lot of noise?

Edited by peted

[quote name='peted' post='1177903' date='Mar 27 2011, 06:58 AM']I believe I can make this. Will bring my Shuker Singlecut fanned-fret, POD X3 Live, Sennheiser hd202 headphones. Would anyone be interested if I brought my Hattie HA3500 and BFM Omni 10, or are we OK for rigs that make a lot of noise?[/quote]

I'd definately be interested in hearing your set - up peted. I also wouldn't mind trying your HA3500 through my GS112's, just to see how they pair up.

Great to have you on board :)

By the way, what would it sound like if we all learned one tune to play together on the day ? a few could take the bass guitar line, others could take single note guitar lines, others could do chords (all with the appropriate sound balance of course). Too ambitious ? Too ridiculous ?

T

[quote name='dave.c' post='1178072' date='Mar 27 2011, 11:17 AM']It's looking like I can make it! so if anyone is interested in trying any of the following, post it up and I will bring it along.
4 strings:
Vigier Passion III
Vigier Passion II
Alembic Persuader
Spector Rebop Zebrano
Dean Brian Bromberg
Gibson SGZ (34 scale)
Warwick thumb BO fretless
Hoyer EB3
Hohner B2A
Hohner Jack
Cort G65 with Roland GK pickup and V-Bass

edit: I think it's a Passion II not a I , about 1985 anyway and with a graphite neck

and
LAG collection 5 string, 1984 (strung with a high C)

I have Hartke LH 500 and LH1000 heads and three GS112 cabs that will still be in my car from the night before if they are needed.[/quote]

Now I'm really curious to see what you bring on the day :) How do you decide what to take to a gig ?

See you there

T

[quote name='Dusty' post='1191297' date='Apr 7 2011, 12:26 AM']Not long now... must remember to get some cakes in

Any preferencies ? :)[/quote]

Hiya folks,

I'm a bit of a lurker here on BC, I really must introduce myself properly (actually I'm quite an avid lurker)..but looks likely I can make it and will be nice to see a few of you in person! I can manage a fiver and a cake to share round!

Don't have much by way of exciting gear to bring, but happy to offer advice on 'live sound' if anyone is in need of help. Also a chance I can kidnap one of my drummers with either a kit or percussion setup for a couple of hours, which could be fun if there's any jamming.

In terms of instruments I might throw in the Paul Rose (Prosebass) prototype EUB-thing - which now sports a nice new bone saddle and sounds, imo, pretty awesome!!

Cheers,

Tom F

[quote name='wwcringe' post='1192508' date='Apr 8 2011, 04:33 AM']Hiya folks,

I'm a bit of a lurker here on BC, I really must introduce myself properly (actually I'm quite an avid lurker)..but looks likely I can make it and will be nice to see a few of you in person! I can manage a fiver and a cake to share round!

Don't have much by way of exciting gear to bring, but happy to offer advice on 'live sound' if anyone is in need of help. Also a chance I can kidnap one of my drummers with either a kit or percussion setup for a couple of hours, which could be fun if there's any jamming.

In terms of instruments I might throw in the Paul Rose (Prosebass) prototype EUB-thing - which now sports a nice new bone saddle and sounds, imo, pretty awesome!!

Cheers,

Tom F[/quote]

Be good to see you Tom :)

There will be a kit set up in the back room for the skin bashers. Still looking for a Guitar amp, although I will nick my sons combo, but not sure it will compete with a full kit & bass rig !! .

See you Sunday :)

Looks as though I'm going to be able to drop in for a couple of hours around lunchtime/early afternoon - I've got to go to Guildford to pick up the son and heir to the family fortune and its on my way! Looking forward to seeing that Status Streamline.

I can't bring too much kit with me though: if anyone is interested in seeing any of the following:

CIJ 70's Precision, Natural ash
1979 Yamaha BB800
Yamaha TRB5 P mk 1
Bass Collection SB465 or SB321 (fretless)

or

Tecamp Puma 110 Combo
Burman Pro 4000 + EBS 2x12 Neo

or any of the weird bouzouki/mandolins/fiddles/fylde guitars please say so. Sorry for the short notice! I think Dave.c has the v-bass demo covered this time!

Dave.c, please whatever you do, don't bring that wonderful Vigier with the graphite neck, because I will want one even more than I do now!

Great to meet you too Peted. Also Garry (lowdown), Dave.C, Pete Young and the Phantom.

Also a big thank you to Les (Dusty) for organising the use of the studio for the day and supplying a Markbass rig for us to use.

That tiny Status certainly grabs the attention ! just the thing to take here and there without a weightlifting course beforehand.

Also a nice surprise playing Dave C's Vigier - a real balance of tone and volume across and up the neck.

'Twas a nice gathering, with plenty of time and space to listen to equipement and listen to subtleties of tone etc, a really welcome change to events such as the London Bass show at Olympia. Hardly any slapping all day :)

Thanks all for a great way to spend the day. Good to meet more BC'ers !

Cheers all :)

Tom

Edited by essexbasscat

It was great. What a great bunch of BCers

Loved the fact we had a whole load of interesting basses to try, and some of them didn't even belong to Dave! I really wanted to try a fan fret bass. Next time I might even open my eyes.

The laid back, non-competitive atmosphere, and sensible volume choices were cool too.

Must say, Gary made everything sound great...it really is all in the fingers.

Just like to say thanks to everyone one today, and it was great to meet you all.
Really good to have a natter about the gear, and what a great selection of gear you all had. [Put my battered up plank to shame :)]

Got to hear a couple of Basschat stories - One in particular still has me having a giggle now.

Oh, Dusty - you need to do away with those large cakes when there are kids around.
My lad could not eat his Dinner..... :)

Nice one chaps.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

Thanks to those that came along, Great bunch of Guys, with some fantastic gear to drool over. Good to meet you all

Gary, sorry about the size of the cakes (Cant beat Costco) fortunatly theres still plenty left if Devon would like some more :) !

Pics to follow

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1194869' date='Apr 10 2011, 06:17 PM']Also a nice surprise playing Dave C's Vigier - a real balance of tone and volume across and up the neck.[/quote]
Well you should have played it at the East Anglian bash a few months ago , though I did hog it a bit :)
Which one did you try of Dave's , his older brown one or the new blue ? They're both great , aren't they .

Couldn't make it , but sounded great . Hopefully be at the next local one .

Paul .

[attachment=77536:Island_Studios_003.jpg][attachment=77536:Island_Studios_003.jpg][attachment=77535:
Island_Studios_002.jpg][attachment=77539:Island_Studios_006.jpg][attachment=77538:Island_Studios_005.
jpg][attachment=77537:Island_Studios_004.jpg]Heres a few Pics from Sunday :)