Why become a member? ×

Hughes & Kettner QS410 Pro

SisterAbdullahX

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='115781' date='Jan 7 2008, 09:13 PM']I don't know why more manufacturers don't opt for a small speaker instead of a horn...[/quote]

Cost.

The QS410 has speakers with whizzer cones, not dual voice coils. Check out what people say about the treble response of the EA Wizzy, which AFAIK is the only other whizzer cone bass cab on the market. I used to own a whizzer cone cab and it's quite a neat solution to added treble without electrical crossovers (the voice coil / cone/ whizzer cone flexible joint acts as a mechanical crossover) and mid/tweeter units.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='115906' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:07 PM']Cost.

The QS410 has speakers with whizzer cones, not dual voice coils. Check out what people say about the treble response of the EA Wizzy, which AFAIK is the only other whizzer cone bass cab on the market. I used to own a whizzer cone cab and it's quite a neat solution to added treble without electrical crossovers (the voice coil / cone/ whizzer cone flexible joint acts as a mechanical crossover) and mid/tweeter units.

Alex[/quote]

I think the roland cube bass combos actually utilize this aswell. but dont quote me on that :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='115906' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:07 PM']Cost.

Alex[/quote]
Cheers Alex