Why become a member? ×

SOLD

[quote name='BassBus' post='1022265' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:55 AM']I've just fallen back in love with my CR4M having put on a used set of orchestral DB strings. They really are quality instruments with a great sound. Seems like a fair price too.[/quote]

Thank you for the up. Plus your post has urged me to amend my listing. The bass is actually a CR5M.

[quote name='wal4string' post='1031416' date='Nov 21 2010, 02:26 PM']Here is a shot of Tony Levin of the Peter Gabrial band. You can see Peter over his left shoulder upside down, or is it downside up?

He is using a boomerang strap which allows for real portability with the bass.[/quote]

Just posted this clip on uTube. It's a 4 string and the guy takes a solo.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFZPi2RJZ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFZPi2RJZ8[/url]

This sounds more like my bass than the first clip.

Edited by wal4string

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1081779' date='Jan 8 2011, 07:11 AM']The double bass/EUB section is for discussing matters relating to the beasts not for advertising them.... :)[/quote]

Might be worth a sticky in the DB/EUB section to this effect Bob, as lots of DB stuff is advertised for sale there.

[quote name='walbassist' post='1081878' date='Jan 8 2011, 10:43 AM']Might be worth a sticky in the DB/EUB section to this effect Bob, as lots of DB stuff is advertised for sale there.[/quote]

I for one would like to keep the option of posting upright related items for sale on this forum.

There are so many bass guitars for sale on here a double bass for sale post can soon be lost and may be missed.

At least we could have a thread with links to the relevant for sale section.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1081959' date='Jan 8 2011, 11:48 AM']I for one would like to keep the option of posting upright related items for sale on this forum.

There are so many bass guitars for sale on here a double bass for sale post can soon be lost and may be missed.

At least we could have a thread with links to the relevant for sale section.[/quote]

My original suggestion was going to be that we should "do a Talkbass" and have two For Sale sections; one for electrics and one for uprights. Wasn't sure how it would go down though...

[quote name='walbassist' post='1081962' date='Jan 8 2011, 11:57 AM']My original suggestion was going to be that we should "do a Talkbass" and have two For Sale sections; one for electrics and one for uprights. Wasn't sure how it would go down though...[/quote]

I'll second that Gareth

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wal4string' post='1161600' date='Mar 14 2011, 11:52 AM']PM sent.[/quote]

CR5M still for sale? Very interested if so, I have a Warwick Corvette Standard Fretless 4 with a Drop-D tuner fitted to maybe trade, PM if interested...

ficelles

Edited by ficelles

[quote name='ficelles' post='1177598' date='Mar 26 2011, 08:19 PM']CR5M still for sale? Very interested if so, I have a Warwick Corvette Standard Fretless 4 with a Drop-D tuner fitted to maybe trade, PM if interested...

ficelles[/quote]

CR5M still for sale. Not a lover of Warwick's, not suitable for the kind of music I play.

Thanks for the interest. It is a great bass.

Ron

[quote name='wal4string' post='1179166' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:45 AM']CR5M still for sale. Not a lover of Warwick's, not suitable for the kind of music I play.

Thanks for the interest. It is a great bass.

Ron[/quote]

No problem, definitely interested in the CR5M, need to shift the Warwick first though...

ficelles

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wal4string' post='1187856' date='Apr 4 2011, 03:15 PM']Have amended my post. As regards a trade, now only looking for a Musicman plus any shortfall in cash there maybe, but not expecting the full £1500 in value.[/quote]

A collision or impact; A raised protrusion on the skin such as a pimple, goose bump, prayer bump, lie bumps, I.E.
[b]BUMP[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wal4string' post='1191309' date='Apr 7 2011, 12:49 AM']A collision or impact; A raised protrusion on the skin such as a pimple, goose bump, prayer bump, lie bumps, I.E.
[b]BUMP[/b][/quote]

PM sent

Sold pending usual

Deal completed. Sold

Edited by wal4string