Why become a member? ×

6x10 plans

nash

whilst i save for a bergantino 6x10 i want to get a cheaper one. i work next to a wood construction type place with some who plays bass who works there. so, i want to get them to construct it for me. any plans online like the ampeg 6x10?

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='116515' date='Jan 8 2008, 08:27 PM']Ill be there this time.

The cab thing just seems a bit...OTT really. Each to their own I suppose.[/quote]

haha yea it is. its just because its my birthday show. 2 full stacks and 2 8x10's if it fits

i thought about that but its falling apart anyway. ill just copy the ampeg sizes i think.

no need to feel sorry for my guitarists. one of them has a custom audio amps od100 with matching 4x12 cab and a matamp 2x12 and the other an ada pre with a marshall power amp a vader 4x12 and marshall 4x12. should be a lol fest especially after i've played.

[quote name='G-bitch' post='117719' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:43 AM']That sounds like one major ball ache. Get a cheap used Peavey 410tx/txf in the meantime - that should more than cover it.[/quote]

i blew one up the other day. they dont seem to handle the sunn. might stick with my 8x10 for now.

If you blew one up (and end up using any other similar ported cab in future), I'd seriously suggest cutting the bass - with the 810 the bass is limited by the nature of the cab design (i.e. sealed) and speakers will require far more power to get them past their 'normal' excursion. With a ported cab you can't just whack a load of bass through from a valve amp in the same way as you might with an Ampeg 810 without doing damage (you probably noticed the speakers jumping around). So in summary, just exercise a little caution until you get the Berg which will be able to handle it!