Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 4

skelf

[quote name='merello' post='1047795' date='Dec 4 2010, 09:41 PM']Can you turn up without a bass as I'm shy at my Yamaha 414? (Obviously I'd buy a ticket!)[/quote]

I'll jump in before Alan or Dave answer.
"Of course you can.", but why be shy. Just bring whatever Bass is in your arsenal when you walk out of the door.
It's a really great event. No ego's, no bulshit, just a bunch of bass players, (and in some cases significant other halves), getting together for a social week-end and playing whatever is there.
The "house band" are great guys and I guarentee you will have a great time.
JFDI

[quote name='merello' post='1047795' date='Dec 4 2010, 09:41 PM']Can you turn up without a bass as I'm shy at my Yamaha 414? (Obviously I'd buy a ticket!)[/quote]

There's no snobbery at the bash. Take it - I wouldn't mind a go on a Yamaha BB414, I bought a 614 off eBay once but it arrived damaged so it had to go back. Always liked the shape of them - a round, larger body like my Gibson G-3.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1047830' date='Dec 4 2010, 10:31 PM']give me a PM if your up for the weekend Paul. Im heading down so I could pop in and pick you up.[/quote]

As others have all said....absolutely no snobbery at all at this bash....its just a great laugh with a good sprinkling of gear to try out....and a few scoops on the sat night :)

There is also one spare ticket just come up for the full weekend as one of the other guys has had to pull out due to a double booking.....so if Paul wants a place get in touch with Alan or myself

I'd to take this opportunity to once again mention how much I like my ACG; I was playing a friend's Ken Smith today and while it was very nice, I have to say the ACG was quite considerably better. It's quite a shame that I'm missing this event, as I know a lot of people there will have never played an ACG before and I'm sure they'd quite enjoy my Harlot singlecut along with the other ACG basses there!

The set list has been sorted out now - its all obvious stuff from the typical rock sets

Some you guys will probably also play the devils 6 string instrument known as the guitar....and if you fancy playing some guitar on the day it could be good to add another song to the list for us to jam along with you....

PM or email me if you do and I could add the songs to the list...

[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/[/url]

Dave

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1052546' date='Dec 9 2010, 11:04 AM']The set list has been sorted out now - its all obvious stuff from the typical rock sets....[/quote]
If you don't mind me saying Dave, most of those tunes seem more guitar orientated. How about a couple of juicy bass songs on the list too... like (oooh off the top of my head) Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song (personal fave - I know it won't happen like :)) or some Chili's or Jamiroqui stuff (Runaway - seems a popular one for bass) to get our teeth into. I heard quite a few iconic bass lines at the last couple - Money, Sunshine of Your Love, Dazed and Confused etc.

[quote name='krispn' post='1052637' date='Dec 9 2010, 12:29 PM']Just saw the pic's from last years event and in one pic there is a guy holding a ACG Skelf? single cut with no pick up - looks really nice. If thats going to be ther emaybe I'll come over on the Sunday for a nosey :)[/quote]
This one?

That's now mine, so it should be there... assuming this bloody snow's shifted by February. :)

[quote name='krispn' post='1052637' date='Dec 9 2010, 12:29 PM']maybe I'll come over on the Sunday for a nosey :)[/quote]

Don't be shy come on down... :)

Rich, stop whinging you tart :lol: ....there will be plenty of opportunity for playing all sorts of other tunes, you and I both know Shaun is spot on for jamming through stuff....

I am like you pal....we both loved just getting up and having a blast, and Shaun is looking forward to that side of things as well.

The real purpose of the list was to give a list of very straightforward tunes for people to be able to try out some gear without the pressure of getting up without knowing any songs. We did have a bigger list for shaun to look at but as time was marching on and Shaun is very busy with work I just got him to choose 10 or so songs that he is comfortable playing.....

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1052762' date='Dec 9 2010, 02:02 PM']Now when am I getting my name up on the "who's comming" bit? Matt's been nipping my head about it - I think he worried that I'm not going and he'll have to make his way down on his own. :)[/quote]

Ahhh yes of course....

Email me your list of bits pal and I will update the tinterweb site tonight..... :)

The song list is there for people who are not as comfortable as you and Dave just getting up and making stuff up as you go along. There were not many that played with the band last time so I am hoping more guys will get up and play if it is something they either know or can learn for the day. Maximum involvement is the name of the game so that everyone has a chance if they want it. Don't want you and Perry playing an hour each again. :)

Also hope to have more pics and some video this year. I have drafted in my boys to just do that.

[quote name='skelf' post='1052824' date='Dec 9 2010, 02:46 PM']The song list is there for people who are not as comfortable as you and Dave just getting up and making stuff up as you go along. There were not many that played with the band last time so I am hoping more guys will get up and play if it is something they either know or can learn for the day. Maximum involvement is the name of the game so that everyone has a chance if they want it. Don't want you and Perry playing an hour each again. :)

Also hope to have more pics and some video this year. I have drafted in my boys to just do that.[/quote]
Fair doos Al. :)