Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 4

skelf

Hi
The next MBB has been sorted for the 5/6th of February 2011.

All the details can be found on the MBB website (link at the bottom of the post).

This year we have been able to Stevie Williams to do a clinic/performance. (The organiser of UK Bassday)

Several builders will be on hand on Sunday.
Overwater
Jon Shuker
Haydn Williams
Are all confirmed.

The resident band will once more be in attendance but with a set list this year so if jamming is not your thing there will I am sure be something you know or could learn.

For the weekend tickets the usual B&B plus the curry house and no doubt a few beers.

All details are on the site.

[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/[/url]

This is a ticket only event there will be no paying on the door.
There are a limited number of weekend tickets left which will be first come first served.

Contact details are all on the website if you have any questions.

Cheers
Alan

[quote name='Faithless' post='1029944' date='Nov 19 2010, 09:40 PM']Crap, no Ryanair flights near that date..

Nearest dates are Feb 3 (Thursday!!) to Edinburgh, and leaving it is either Feb 6 (11:35 departure!!! the meet will be at its pick), or next Thursday Feb 10..

Complete sh*t..[/quote]

Nothing into Glasgow.

[quote name='skelf' post='1030110' date='Nov 20 2010, 07:18 AM']If you want a room I would suggest you book it pretty quickly there are not many left.[/quote]

am sure Dave perry mentioned only about 2 or 3 left. Glad a booked mine asap. i better have a room reserved,,,,cos no way am I sharing with the likes of Rich (ou7shined) with the knowledge of his snoring hahahahahahahaha

[quote name='bigash' post='1030043' date='Nov 20 2010, 12:39 AM']I think i can make the sunday, will be travelling all the way from
Lochmaben. No ryan air fligts either so will be driving. :)[/quote]

Quiet a journey best pace yourself.

Remember to get a ticket.

Alan

[quote name='bigash' post='1030043' date='Nov 20 2010, 12:39 AM']I think i can make the sunday, will be travelling all the way from
Lochmaben. No ryan air fligts either so will be driving. :)[/quote]

Just had to google where Lochmaben was.....assumed it was a long drive from Moffat...... :lol:

No excuse not to turn up..... :)

For any other interested punters we have only 1 double left, and 2 singles as of today (Sat 19th Nov)

As Alan said, its a ticket only affair so even if its just the Sunday you need to sort out a ticket before hand so we know who and what is coming along.

Dave

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1030039' date='Nov 20 2010, 12:37 AM']Hopefully I will finally get to try a Rickenbacker and some markbass gear too.[/quote]

Lots of Mark bass gear to try out Stephen, but so far No Ricks that I can see.

4000 cant make it up this year (Shame, as he is a massive Rick fan with plenty of knowledge on the beasts....) of course plenty of time for the list to grow for the sunday bash and if anybody has a Rick no doubt it will get pressed into service..... :)

I remember the very first Rick I picked up to play in a shop...I just [i]new [/i]I was going to sound like Geddy Lee/Chris Squire......quickly found out I didn't :)

Dave
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk"]www.moffatbassbash.co.uk[/url]

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='sk8' post='1032981' date='Nov 22 2010, 06:03 PM']plenty of MB gear was there last time......................

The room was full of bumble bees!!![/quote]

i was just a wee bit too shy last time though. As it was ma first time at one of these bashes its a bit overwhelming,,,plus i didnt realise how easy going everyone is.....

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1032248' date='Nov 22 2010, 09:23 AM']Lots of Mark bass gear to try out Stephen, but so far No Ricks that I can see.

4000 cant make it up this year (Shame, as he is a massive Rick fan with plenty of knowledge on the beasts....) of course plenty of time for the list to grow for the sunday bash and if anybody has a Rick no doubt it will get pressed into service..... :)

I remember the very first Rick I picked up to play in a shop...I just [i]new [/i]I was going to sound like Geddy Lee/Chris Squire......quickly found out I didn't :lol:

Dave
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk"]www.moffatbassbash.co.uk[/url][/quote]

Nice one Dave, I know I will just sound like myself playing it,,,,but hopefully look cool doing it hahahahahaha (again,,,,,very doubtful hahahahahaha)

[quote name='skelf' post='1032975' date='Nov 22 2010, 05:57 PM']One of my friends should be there and he has a Rick so you are still in with a chance.[/quote]

That would be cool Alan. Now on a serious note, does your pal mark his gear incase its nicked :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1033364' date='Nov 22 2010, 11:15 PM']Now on a serious note, does your pal mark his gear incase its nicked :)[/quote]

Not as daft a comment as you think....

As this year we are pretty sure we are going to have a few more people on the Sunday, we are making sure that we always have somebody on the door and its a strict ticket only entrance.....

As there is such a fantastic collection of bass gear, we dont want any tom dick n arry walking off the street, into a room and then swiftly out again with a guitar shaped plastic bag..... :)

I make that 16 ACGs on the gear list so far (including lefties as well). To anyone who's wondering what ACGs are like: this is your chance to find out!

EDIT: And to commission one from Alan as well, of course. :)

Please, make sure I don't talk to Alan for too long. My wallet will suffer. :)

Edited by BottomEndian

• 2 weeks later...