Why become a member? ×

Wiring kit for Precision Bass, Brand New.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='1036482' date='Nov 25 2010, 03:32 PM']Personally I think the wiring block with screw terminals is a great idea. It will easily allow for various pickup configs to be tried out.[/quote]
Thanks - my sediments precisely :) I'm sure a sensibly used screw connector is fine for our needs & could easily be a better bet than some individual's soldering!

Cheerz, John

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='1036482' date='Nov 25 2010, 03:32 PM']Personally I think the wiring block with screw terminals is a great idea. It will easily allow for various pickup configs to be tried out.[/quote]

Exactly why I bagged it. Got a few pup's I want to try out and don't want to fart about with my soldering iron every half hour. :)

I've just got in. Wow what a day!
I'm glad you got it sold and that you've found a market that will pay that much for it. As someone who has his soldering iron out every other day I sometimes forget how hard people find wiring up 2 pots and a jack. I'll not bother with the links now as it's moot but anyone who can google.uk Precision bass wiring kit will be able to figure it out for themselves. Tschüss. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1036588' date='Nov 25 2010, 04:54 PM']I've just got in. Wow what a day!
I'm glad you got it sold and that you've found a market that will pay that much for it. As someone who has his soldering iron out every other day I sometimes forget how hard people find wiring up 2 pots and a jack. I'll not bother with the links now as it's moot but anyone who can google.uk Precision bass wiring kit will be able to figure it out for themselves. Tschüss. :)[/quote]

I really do find it difficult to make it work, I should get someone to teach me.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1037013' date='Nov 25 2010, 09:48 PM']I really do find it difficult to make it work, I should get someone to teach me.[/quote]
There are some good videos and tips on YouTube about it try and get some decent solder. A lot of the stuff I have bought over the past few years is not much cop. Am no expert about the subject tho.

Reason for edit - I can't spell.

Edited by Raggy

• 1 year later...

I've just been playing a bass which has had this kit installed. The tone knob is usable across its range and you can really dial it in to the sound you want. It's tamed the hell out of a Seymour 1/4lb'er to a point where its has enough punch without that clacky top end i.e. it sounds like a bass not a collander falling down some steps- Yes a generation of punk bassists I mean you!