Why become a member? ×

Wiring kit for Precision Bass, Brand New.

To fit any 'Standard' Precision Bass:
All brand new, 2 x CTS 250K pots, Green drop cap & Switchcraft Jack Socket, all wired up & ready to fit. Hand assembled using quality wire & proper solder!
Your Pick up wires & Bridge earth wire will need soldering onto Volume pot tags, or I can supply screw terminals so no soldering for you to do. Instructions included if required.

[s]£21 [/s]Posted, PayPal as gift OK ta. [size=4][color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color][/size] Thanks Steve.

Cheerz, John
Edit: Pictures added, Pick Up & Pick Guard not included in this sale.

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1036002' date='Nov 25 2010, 10:23 AM']To fit any 'Standard' Precision Bass:
All brand new, 2 x CTS 250K pots, Green drop cap & Switchcraft Jack Socket, all wired up & ready to fit. Hand assembled using quality wire & proper solder!
Your Pick up wires & Bridge earth wire will need soldering onto Volume pot tags, or I can supply screw terminals so no soldering for you to do. Instructions included if required.

£21 Posted, PayPal as gift OK ta.

Cheerz, John[/quote]
Is this for just one kit? :)

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1036075' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:17 AM']Yes - 1 kit to fit 1 bass - what prompted your question?[/quote]

Its a lot of money considering the cost of the components.

I do understand that this is what they go for on Ebay though, im not questioning your price.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1036097' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:29 AM']Its a lot of money considering the cost of the components.

I do understand that this is what they go for on Ebay though, im not questioning your price.[/quote]

Are you answering on behalf of Ou7shined?

I don't see how you think "Its a lot of money considering the cost of the components" unless you have access to wholesale price parts or something?

Taking into consideration that they are quality components & all the work is done - not everybody has the tools/skills/knowledge/patience - whatever to do things like this for themselves, It seems to me a fair price to ask.

I thought I might actually be doing someone a favour, not starting a price war!

If you're "not questioning your price" what are you saying exactly?

Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1036120' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:40 AM']Are you answering on behalf of Ou7shined?

I don't see how you think "Its a lot of money considering the cost of the components" unless you have access to wholesale price parts or something?

Taking into consideration that they are quality components & all the work is done - not everybody has the tools/skills/knowledge/patience - whatever to do things like this for themselves, It seems to me a fair price to ask.

Cheerz, John[/quote]

LOL. Why so negative?

Yes, i was answering on behalf of Ou7. you asked why he questioned your price.

Seeing as ive just upgraded all the internals of my P bass, and paid full price for the parts i DO know how much it all comes to. You only have to look on Allparts or WD music to find out how much each component and a bit of wire costs.

I already said that your price was the going rate for this sort of thing so i wasn't questioning it at all, just answering your question.
In fact if i hadn't already done my bass i would have had this off you as like you say, not everyone has the skill to do it themselves.

I would say chill out but i guess you would take offence to me telling you to do that as well so good luck instead.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1036137' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:50 AM']LOL. Why so negative?

Yes, i was answering on behalf of Ou7. you asked why he questioned your price.

Seeing as ive just upgraded all the internals of my P bass, and paid full price for the parts i DO know how much it all comes to. You only have to look on Allparts or WD music to find out how much each component and a bit of wire costs.

I already said that your price was the going rate for this sort of thing so i wasn't questioning it at all, just answering your question.
In fact if i hadn't already done my bass i would have had this off you as like you say, not everyone has the skill to do it themselves.

I would say chill out but i guess you would take offence to me telling you to do that as well so good luck instead.[/quote]

I suppose I find myself more negative than positive these days! Must be my age :lol:

So you know the prices, factor in a little for consumables, time etc. + P&P, would you want to make a kit for less?

No offence taken or intended - I'm going for my chill pill now :) Must be lunch time :)

Cheerz, John

Maybe the price is a little high but it's really annoying when prices are questioned in the thread, a friendly pm is a much better way.

I've done it a couple of times mainly with newer members who are selling stuff close to retail

FWIW i was interested in this until i saw the price though!

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1036160' date='Nov 25 2010, 12:07 PM']I suppose I find myself more negative than positive these days! Must be my age :lol:

So you know the prices, factor in a little for consumables, time etc. + P&P, would you want to make a kit for less?

No offence taken or intended - I'm going for my chill pill now :) Must be lunch time :)

Cheerz, John[/quote]

I know what you mean about being more negative these days, im the same.

I really dont want you to think i was questioning your price, i was really just replying to your question about why you were asked if it was just for the one kit.

I do think its a good price for what it is and like i said, i would happily pay this if i hadnt already done the job myself.
In fact in another thread i asked about these kits and was ready to buy one (for a bit more than your asking) but ended up talking myself out of getting one and having a go myself.

Enjoy your lunch, im sure you will have a few takers for the kit.

To be perfectly honest, for the time and effort that goes into making one, £20 isn't too bad. Especially if it's a switchcraft jack and it's all unused before. This would be perfect for someone looking to upgrade their bass but isn't very confident. The option of the screw terminals is a really f*cking good idea too. Pick up change would be so much simpler that way... Wish I'd of thought of that...

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1036229' date='Nov 25 2010, 12:38 PM']To be perfectly honest, for the time and effort that goes into making one, £20 isn't too bad. Especially if it's a switchcraft jack and it's all unused before. This would be perfect for someone looking to upgrade their bass but isn't very confident. The option of the screw terminals is a really f*cking good idea too. Pick up change would be so much simpler that way... Wish I'd of thought of that...[/quote]

Thanks - a ray of sunshine at last!

OK as I'm so sad - I've been to WD Music & priced it up.

£7.90 - 2 x CTS Solid Shaft 250K Pots @£3.95
£1.95 - Switchcraft Jack Socket
£0.98 - Orange Drop Cap (Same as Green I used)
£2.00 - Wire (£1 per foot of each)
£1.95 - P&P
£14.78 - Total Parts.
£0. 20 - Solder (Estimated)
£2.24 - Royal Mail 1st Class posted to you.
£17.22 - Grand Total.
Leaving a miserly sum of £3.78 I suppose you'd say = me charging too much for building it?
+ I offered Screw Terminal connectors for anybody not wishing to solder their pick up & earth wires.

I give up :)

Edit: I forgot to add the small amount I regularly donate to Basschat whenever I make sales via this wonderful place :) Every little helps - or is that Tesco? Or Asda? Feck nose, is it Whisky time yet? Or just more pills? :lol:

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1036120' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:40 AM']Are you answering on behalf of Ou7shined?

Cheerz, John[/quote]

nice attitude :)

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1036276' date='Nov 25 2010, 01:10 PM']Don't be silly. It's a great offer you're doing here for someone.
How about a picture for us to see? That may help you shift it a bit quicker too...[/quote]
Why didn't I think of that :)
[attachment=64923:05102010156.jpg]
Cheerz, John

Sorry for posting and running there. I'm driving through blizzards at the moment and need to concentrate on more important things. I won't talk directly about prices in a FS thread but I will PM you links for exactly the same spec looms (some include waxed/cloth wiring) as a comparison to yours when I get stopped for long enough again.
P.S. I didn't know at the start of this thread that you were selling on retail parts because this is normally a forum for used items only.
Peace out.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1036309' date='Nov 25 2010, 01:36 PM']P.S. I didn't know at the start of this thread that you were selling on retail parts because this is normally a forum for used items only.
Peace out.[/quote]

I must admit i didnt pick up on the OP was making these and selling them until a few posts ago.

:) Not every one on this site is able or wants to mess with electrics on there bass,so I think it's a great service John if offering those of us who can't.I have had stuff from John before and he does a very pro job,So stop wingeing you old Tarts :) Edited by richardd

[quote name='richardd' post='1036424' date='Nov 25 2010, 02:49 PM']:P Not every one on this site is able or wants to mess with electrics on there bass,so I think it's a great service John if offering those of us who can't.I have had stuff from John before and he does a very pro job,So stop wingeing you old Tarts :)[/quote]
:lol: Cheers mate - made I larf :D

BTW - THE KIT IS SOLD :lol: If anybody else wants one though, let me know :)

[quote name='richardd' post='1036424' date='Nov 25 2010, 02:49 PM']:) Not every one on this site is able or wants to mess with electrics on there bass,so I think it's a great service John if offering those of us who can't.I have had stuff from John before and he does a very pro job,So stop wingeing you old Tarts :)[/quote]

No one is wingeing, and i think everyone has agreed it is a good deal and a good idea.

Keep up :lol:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1036463' date='Nov 25 2010, 03:16 PM']Would you be able to do a V V T version?[/quote]

PM your requirements & I'll almost certainly be able to sort something out :)

Cheerz, John