Why become a member? ×

Flight case for Ampeg SVT 2 Pro

slystewart

Im after a flight case for an Ampeg SVT 2 Pro ,I have measured the amp from top to bottom 7.5 inches top to bottom but not sure in Us as in flightcase come in 2U or 4U and so on what size to look out for or are ther companys who make flightcases for this amp any help or advice Stewart

The SVT2pro is 4u. Most standard size rack cases will be deep enough. I used to own one and had it in those ABS cases by Stagg and Gator and another similar brand.

If you are after a flight case, go to "Flightcase Warehouse" on the net ;o)

[quote name='tombboy' post='118736' date='Jan 11 2008, 05:34 PM']Personally, I would house it in a 6U rack allowing 1U top and bottom for ventilation.
My old Pro 2 was racked this way and only foam padded on the corners as they are notorious for overheating.[/quote]

yes, they do get a bit warm! i ended up mounting a 12v dc PC fan in the back. a little 12cm one, connected to a little power supply (walwart adaptor). It's amazing how little forced air cooling u need to make the whole amp outer casing only warm to the touch! As the SVT2 has a mesh back, I attached the fan using nothing more than cable ties. (mounted the fan so it sucked warm air out, you don't wanna blow dust and yuk inwards.

$u was fine in this case, but 6u would leave you space for a rack tuner / effects / wireless etc!