Just to see if others find this useful, here's a brief heads-up on
THE AMAZING SLOW DOWNER
You can download ASD from the InterNet ( http://www.ronimusic.com/ ) as a free demo, which will give you (IIRC) full functionality but only let you play the first 30 seconds of each track. For about $50 you can buy the product.
I consider it one of the better $50 purchases I've made.
I use it to:
* slow down tracks, or bits of tracks, where I can't work out what the bassist is playing at full speed.
* loop tricky bits of tracks so that I can play them again & again.
* change the pitch of tracks which have either been Vari-speeded or which are in awkward keys (e.g. Eb to E).
* change the key of tracks which I want to sing but which are outside my range in their original key.
* minimise the low frequencies on the track so that I can play along without being distracted by the original bassline.
All these changes can be made 'on the fly' and in real time. There's no need to "re-process" the file after each change.
Once you have the settings you want for a track, you can save it (separately from the original, of course) with those settings and come back to it later.
Just about the only gripe I have with ASD is that it won't save files in mp3 format, only as WAV.
If Roni Music could somehow combine this with an mp3 editor, they'd have an absolute killer product on their hands.
Despite being priced in $ the product is actually Scandinavian (Danish, I think). Despite the low price, on both occasions when I've needed support I've had immediate and very helpful responses.
Edited by Happy Jack, 01 December 2010 - 10:35 AM.