Why become a member? ×

Yamaha PSR-4500 arranger keyboard - £35

I think I must have taken this in payment of a bad debt or something because I’ve never used it and the piano player in the house insists that only a real piano will do.

It’s an "arranger keyboard” (don't ask me, but it will mean something to somebody) with all kinds of accompanying styles including auto bass and auto chord, single finger accompaniment (plays bass lines, major, minor, seventh and minor-seventh chords with one finger), stacks of rhythms and just about every instrument in existence in the western world. It has key velocity control, different echoes and reverbs, percussion pads (make a drumkit - assign 40 different percussion instruments or 16 sound effects), pitch bend rollers, MIDI, and a recording function. Two speaker stereo built in plus headphones out, aux out, input for expression pedal and sustain jack.

Although I believe this was originally aimed at professional users, it has all the features of a home keyboard. They are not exactly common and the only one I could find for sale today on the web was listed at £90. So, how does £35 sound? That should cover the cost of our next annual piano tune-up. Everything works well and it is in good condition from a smoke-free home. I have the manual somewhere but it's available online for download from quite a few sources. Why not treat the kids for Christmas?

Pictures to follow tomorrow. Yes, I can ship, but as it will take a couple of hours to pack it up safely, I have to give preference to local collection.

Edited by stevie