Why become a member? ×

Peavey or other bass bits

stewblack

Bought a peavey 5 which has a problem with it's electrics hence a low price. Now I can probably sort the problem but as the bits are podded they might need replacing. Should that be the case does anyone have any favourite places to shop for stuff? I'm familiar with Kent Armstrong as I've bought pick up replacement from them (highly recommended too) but any other ideas gratefully received.

edit: Duh - just seen the sticky above. Still any personal experience with he suppliers listed gladly received.

Edited by stewblack

I know peavey UK were selling off a few instruments that had electronic faults, but were otherwise sound.

Back on topic, I've got some dimarzios in a jazz bass and they're really nice. You can get good prices on them from the states as well.

Is it the pickups, the electronics, or both that are iffy on your 5'er?

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='121647' date='Jan 16 2008, 07:17 PM']I know peavey UK were selling off a few instruments that had electronic faults, but were otherwise sound.

Back on topic, I've got some dimarzios in a jazz bass and they're really nice. You can get good prices on them from the states as well.

Is it the pickups, the electronics, or both that are iffy on your 5'er?[/quote]
Not sure yet - they say all may need replacing but the problem is battery drain - which isn't likely to be the pups. When my man gets it to bits for me I'll know better but I'll buy any bits needed so was after recommended places to buy from.