Why become a member? ×

youTube Lydia

paul h

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='119816' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:12 PM']Just do a search on Lydia to see how many threads like this have been started.[/quote]

Just read through the thread that was closed. Laughed so hard a bit of wee came out. Glad I'm not the only one who offends the oversensitive types.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='119816' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:12 PM']Just do a search on Lydia to see how many threads like this have been started.[/quote]

[quote name='paul h' post='119878' date='Jan 13 2008, 11:49 PM']4.

Including this one.

p.[/quote]
And imagine how often it came up on Bassworld and Basstalk before Basschat.

If there were that many threads about her, I reckon I might have heard of her before.

I've been around a while in different forms. I was on Basstalk and Bassworld.

I was a bit slow moving over to Basschat and I somewhow missed the option of porting my details over and so I joined Basschat in June 07. 7 months ago. I am not sure how late I was. A month? Two? So that means the Basschat searches are good for approximately the last 8/9 months.

4 threads in 8/9 months.

You must be sick of it.

With a bit of investigation I see that Lydia joined youTube a year ago. So I doubt very much if she was in time to make a big impact on Bassworld. Did I miss something? Was BassTalk flooded with Lydia threads? I don't remember any. And I was there at the time. I was registered and I was reading the forum almost on a daily basis.

I know I haven't read every single thread that has been on every version of this forum, but the popular ones that stay at the top for ages are kind of hard to miss.

Now let me take a stab in the dark. Try searching for Marcus Miller. Or Victor Wooten. Or Markbass. Or GB. (if you can search for 2 letters)

I'm sorry if you find my wanting to discuss a Lydia video an irritant. But this IS a discussion forum.

P.

[quote name='paul h' post='120062' date='Jan 14 2008, 01:22 PM']If there were that many threads about her, I reckon I might have heard of her before.

I've been around a while in different forms. I was on Basstalk and Bassworld.

I'm sorry if you find my wanting to discuss a Lydia video an irritant. But this IS a discussion forum.

P.[/quote]
+1. I've never noticed any threads about her before, never seen the videos. What a great player/vocalist.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='119833' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:42 PM']Just read through the thread that was closed. Laughed so hard a bit of wee came out. Glad I'm not the only one who offends the oversensitive types.[/quote]
I think the difference is that you clearly go out of your way to do so! :)

Must admit I wondered what had happened to Tanya.

Jon.

[quote name='paul h' post='120062' date='Jan 14 2008, 01:22 PM']I'm sorry if you find my wanting to discuss a Lydia video an irritant. But this IS a discussion forum.

P.[/quote]
Ok, there have been previous threads about her, but when I surf in my tea breaks it's nice to be reminded about a quick video clip to watch or listen to.

Hamster

I don't quite get the fact that other bassists are posting their versions of her cover!

It begs... 'Why'? and 'So what!'

She's a really good bassist with nice feel and a great voice so yep I can appreciate her sticking stuff up on YT but copying (badly) what she does and posting it as a reply... nope don't get that.