Why become a member? ×

Adding a blend to my looper

joegarcia

Hi,
Hoping to add a blend knob to my looper. I tried using a 400k pot and wired the input to the circuit, output and return to it and it sort of works but it gets really quiet in the middle where I would want to st the pot. Any ideas why i get this volume loss? Do I ned a different resistance pot or have I just wired it wrong? I have the return on the middle lug and the in and out on the outer two and tried all the other combinations.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='120031' date='Jan 14 2008, 12:35 PM']Hi,
Hoping to add a blend knob to my looper. I tried using a 400k pot and wired the input to the circuit, output and return to it and it sort of works but it gets really quiet in the middle where I would want to st the pot. Any ideas why i get this volume loss? Do I ned a different resistance pot or have I just wired it wrong? I have the return on the middle lug and the in and out on the outer two and tried all the other combinations.[/quote]

There will always be a loss of volume with unbuffered passive blenders. The normal circuit is more complex then you have made as a dual gang pot will be required in order to get the best results with a passive design.

An active blender will give much better results.

Dave

[quote name='joegarcia' post='124435' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:10 AM']Hi Dave,
On another note. Don't suppose you'd be up for making a small active blend circuit I can fit in my looper? Is this an expensive option?[/quote]

I already make "Bob the Blender". I am not into designing one off SS effects as I would not turn it into a product so yes it's an expensive option. Sorry.

Dave