Why become a member? ×

Lincoln Bass

woodenshirt

Looking in a local music shop the other day, I noticed a bass with the word 'Lincoln' on the head. I picked it up and found that it was very playable and not too expensive (I think?)

This particular model had a nice natural wood finish, single 'P Bass' pickup, single volume & single tone controls and a thru neck - If it helps it was described as '80's/Japanese'.

Can anyone out there in basschatland give me any info on 'Lincoln' and what kind of money do these normally go for?

Over to you folks,

Thanks,

Mart

Edited by woodenshirt

This is actually bugging me intensely - one of these (or at least, sounding like the description) appeared on Fleabay maybe about a month ago. I watched it until the price went over what I was prepared to pay & then I deleted it. The listing won't have expired yet, but I can't find it!

The bass itself was neck through, symmetrical body, single pup, not a copy of anything, but quite Alembic-ish, like many MIJ basses from the era. It was Japanese - had a black /gold MIJ sticker on the back of the head, & "Lincoln" on the front.

If I find the listing, I'll link it here.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='11807' date='Jun 4 2007, 01:17 PM']This is actually bugging me intensely - one of these (or at least, sounding like the description) appeared on Fleabay maybe about a month ago. I watched it until the price went over what I was prepared to pay & then I deleted it. The listing won't have expired yet, but I can't find it!

The bass itself was neck through, symmetrical body, single pup, not a copy of anything, but quite Alembic-ish, like many MIJ basses from the era. It was Japanese - had a black /gold MIJ sticker on the back of the head, & "Lincoln" on the front.

If I find the listing, I'll link it here.

Jon.[/quote]

Spot on Jon...... it sounds just like the one I've seen (except no MIJ sticker).

You're right about the alembic look as well.... hope you can find a link..... it's starting to drive me bonkers as I can't find a thing on t'internet about these basses.

Thanks mate,

Mart

[quote name='Sercet' post='11920' date='Jun 4 2007, 04:37 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120116534644"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=120116534644[/url][/quote]
Thanks for finding that. :)

Lovely bass - is it the same, & how much was the one you saw, Mart?

J.