Why become a member? ×

steve-norris's feed back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='300749' date='Oct 6 2008, 07:28 PM']Paid for some P-bass knobs 2 months ago still haven't got them and my PM's are not being renurned.

Hate to give bad feedback but I have no choice.[/quote]

I can’t believe this wasn’t sorted out after so long mate :) I’ve seen Steve around BC…

I don’t want to start throwing sh*t around as I wasn’t intending on mentioning it anyway, but I feel that what’s happened to Wayne isn’t an isolated incident. I had to wait over 3 weeks (may have been 4, I can’t remember) for the entirety of the stuff that I'd bought off Steve (which I'd paid top dollar for) to turn up, and he had promised he had put it in the post for me long before they actually turned up. I did eventually get what had been promised though…

Edited by benwhiteuk

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I'm afraid to say my recent experience of dealing with Steve is similar to Wayne's and Dubs'. I bought a set of Pyramid Golds from him in early November. He described them as having had one hour's use. I put them on and althought the G, D, and A strings sounded lovely, the E was dead, totally 100% dead. Not nice flatwound thumpy dead, but totally playable dead, it wouldn't intone at all. I emailed Steve and he said - get this - that he'd noticed this as well! He'd even complained to the shop from which he bought the strings? This pi**ed me off as at the very least he should have mentioned it in his listing, but IMO should never have offered them for sale in the first place. Anyway, in reply he offered me a £40 voucher for a shop local to him, which I didn't really want as they had nothing I needed. I asked him to speak to the guys he had bought the Pyramids again and see if he could get a replacement E. No reply. I asked for a refund. No reply. I've given him almost three weeks. No reply. OK, he hasn't been on since 18th November, but that was several days after I first contacted him so he would have seen the PMs (and he knew I was unhappy by that stage anyway). I've also emailed his personal email. No reply. I sent him the money as a Paypal 'personal payment owed' payment so can't get a refund there. Won't be doing that again :)

Given the above two posts and my experience, unless there's some mitigating issues, I don't think Steve can be considered a reliable person to deal with. I believe he still has acouple of items for sale on here so buyer beware

I'll of course add a follow up below if Steve resolves the situation

Edited by Beedster

• 5 years later...

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1429780140' post='2754790']
sorry to hear that, hope you can work it out!!
[/quote]

I'm not too worried mate, we all go through periods when things are difficult and things can get away from us, and I guess that's what happened with Steve. If however he's back selling gear here after a long lay off (or what appeared to have been one), it's not entirely unreasonable for me to expect a PM at the least saying "sorry I never got back to you, can I send you a set of strings as compensation" or similar. As I say, no big issue, but once bitten, twice shy eh <_<

• 7 years later...