Why become a member? ×

Strange delay problem

Finbar

This happened last practice, and also at a gig last night. When I played a note, there would be slight delay effect on it (nothing majorly bad, but still very annoying). Both my Danelectro delay and my DL4 were off, so it couldn't be them. I also tried taking the Danelectro one out of the chain and it didn't help (would have tried this with the DL4 too, but it was more essential in the gig, and I haven't had a chance to play around since). I changed the lead I was using to connect the end of my pedal chain to my amp, and this worked, but I'm just wondering what could be wrong with a lead to make it to do that? Or is this a problem with my DL4? :/

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, this cleared itself up, but has now started doing it again :)

Except this time it is giving me a delay which is stuck on infinite repeats whenever I play :/ It only does it on the Loop Sampler setting, not the delays (I have other delay pedals for delay, I only use this for the Looping ¬_¬).

I've tried it with different amps, different power supplies and different leads - it isn't making a difference anymore what I do, it just keeps doing it. It is definitely just the DL4.

Who can fix this? Does anybody fix pedals professionally, and is it even possible? It is really annoying! And I don't want to shell out the wonga for another DL4!

Well I'm pretty sure it isn't one of the American ones (which are supposedly better), so I'm aware it may have some kind of issue like that with it. I can open it up, but I am an ultimate electronics noob - I wouldn't know what I'm looking for :/ Any ideas what to look for?

EDIT: I opened up the back of it, and found there was just the circuitboard and the wires connecting the batteries to the pedal. I unscrewed the circuitboard, but it still wuoldn't come up, and I didn't want to force it, so I just screwed it all back shut again :)

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='136650' date='Feb 8 2008, 03:51 PM']Well I'm pretty sure it isn't one of the American ones (which are supposedly better), so I'm aware it may have some kind of issue like that with it. I can open it up, but I am an ultimate electronics noob - I wouldn't know what I'm looking for :/ Any ideas what to look for?

EDIT: I opened up the back of it, and found there was just the circuitboard and the wires connecting the batteries to the pedal. I unscrewed the circuitboard, but it still wuoldn't come up, and I didn't want to force it, so I just screwed it all back shut again :)[/quote]

That's because the switches and knobs are also circuit mounted. Which means they were holding it in. Call LIne6 UK distributer and ask who does their repairs.