Why become a member? ×

New Fenders

sk8

Anyone seen the new American Standard Series?

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/search~search~fender+american+standard+bass~mode~allwords~currency~.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/search~search~...s~currency~.asp[/url]

didn't see much on the fender website. Looks like the S1 switching might have gone

Edited by sk8

[quote name='Muppet' post='122139' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:49 PM']New bridge, new tuners, new nut, new case as far as I can make out.[/quote]

Oddly enough, wasn't a new bridge one of the most mentioned items about Fenders' in the Bass pet peeves thread?

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='122220' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:02 PM']maple necks.
AFAIK you can't get maple on the H1s - they are rosewood only I believe[/quote]

They dont come in Blizzard pearl either. I was talking about the new Fender ;-).

I paid £540 for my HW-One. to me thats much better value than the new MIA's

"Posiflex graphite rods"- I remember they introduced these on the Marcus Miller 5string-

I thought the whole point of putting graphite in the neck is because it won't flex?

ps. I see there's now an American standard 5string precision.

Edited by SJA

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='122218' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:00 PM']I adore Fenders but to pay £800 for a US Standard model? That's pushing it a bit....

I still love them though. Always will[/quote]

Love 'em too, at least the S1 switching has gone, get rid of the string through and Hipshots, we'd be on the way to a decent bass.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='122210' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:48 PM']Cant see what they offer over the HW-One series.

I do like the look of the Maple necked Blizzard Pearl one though.[/quote]

I can't see what they offer over the mexican standard, or the highway ones, or any of the other precisions out there. I've just had a count, excluding 5 string varients, left handed varients, and models with more than just a p bass pickup, there are 7! There is also an active precision I've not included. I've looked it up, most of these differences are purely asthetics, I think its way OTT.