Why become a member? ×

Carl Thompson Basses

harveyn

Good evening

I was browsing the web re Carl Thompson Basses and came across this forum.

I noticed that there was some entries for some players looking for one of Carls Basses.

Look no further

I have a 1977 Carl thompson Stanley Clarke scroll Piccolo Bass

This is in amazing condition and looks/plays and sounds unbelievable

It is complete with a custom 5 star case

It has been improved with GMT technology active circuitry (STATUS CIRCUITRY) and a chrome effect scratch plate

I personally commissioned Rob Green to carry out this work,I have owned this bass since around 1984

Genuine reason for sale

Be prepared to be blown away (pictures if required.)

Guys ignore some of the comments re saving yourself money by commissioning a copy, that i have seen on this web site.

Come on would you rather have an ANTORIA LES PAUL OR A GIBSON LES PAUL thats the difference!!

You will not be sorry

Price: £10,000 or trade for a Gibson les paul/335 Gibson in part exchange.

Harvey n

Welcome to Basschat!

Just a few hints to help you sell within the rules of the forum.

This is posted in the wrong section (should be in "Basschat Marketplace > For Sale: Basses"), you HAVE to state a price for "for sale" instruments and people tend to be quite cautious if there are no pictures of the instrument and if the seller is a new member (so maybe proof of positive feedback [maybe a link to your ebay account/feedback] might be a good idea)

Hope this helps!

Edited by skej21

Hi Harvey, welcome to BassChat.

I have moved this thread to the correct part of the forum. Please read our Guidlines, T's & C's to avoid having people moan at you.

As per the rules, and as already stated, you need to state a sale price if you are advertising on BassChat or risk having your post removed.

I'd suggest posting some pictures as well so we can see it's real. I'm particularly interested in seeing some pics as I've wanted a CT as long as I can remember!

Cheers

Shep

Everyone starts somewhere... No apology needed.

We do need you to state an asking price however of you want to list the bass as we aren't a sale or auction site, more a discussion forum and information resource with a sale forum as an added extra. Unfortunately being worth 5000-20000 isn't precise enough. Could you pop an asking price in your opening post (the edit button is in the bottom corner of the post so you can add to/amend it) please.

It's also worth bearing in mind that I'd expect to sell your bass for less here than it would sell for on eBay, there tends to be a community spirt where by most of us sell basses and amps at a fair price given there's no fees etc for the seller (if eBay would nick £100 off the sale then sell to a basschatter for £100 less). That's not a 'rule', but it's the way most of us fly :)

Get us some pics posted up.... We want to see!! :)

[quote name='harveyn' post='1071374' date='Dec 28 2010, 11:17 PM']I seem to be having trouble attaching photos is there a particular way on this site?[/quote]

I think you're misunderstanding, the rules state that you [i]must[/i] state a [i]specific[/i] price. Not a range or an estimate, there must be a specific price (though you can be open to offers below it, there must be a top price you're looking for).

The best way I've found to attach photos is to go to [url="http://www.imageshack.us"]http://www.imageshack.us[/url] then upload them there and use the image tags on the forum here when you post.

[quote name='daflewis' post='1072731' date='Dec 30 2010, 02:08 PM']well, i think you managed to scare him off.... how long did that take? a day or so?

I remember a similar "welcome" when i joined.[/quote]

Glad you're still about, made of sterner stuff clearly!

[quote name='daflewis' post='1072731' date='Dec 30 2010, 02:08 PM']well, i think you managed to scare him off.... how long did that take? a day or so?

I think what has been said in other posts is quite reasonable. "No apology needed" from a moderator seems reasonable to me. If he really has a bass to sell he'll get the pics up somehow. Old saying "no pics, no bass".

Edited by BassBus

Not trying to be 'difficult' or anything but I'm betting that you didn't say you had a bass worth anything between 5,000 & 20,000 (currency not specified), then say you'd offer a reasonable price, decide that price was £10,000 and then not post any pictures when people asked for them?

I can't imagine anyone would think they could sell a bass for £10K without a lot of detail and high quality pictures etc.?

This would seem especially relevant when there's a pair of Carl Thompson basses up for sale on TalkBass at the moment for £3,000 - £3,500. In order to be worth three times this amount it's got to be a very special CT indeed (and I'm not saying that it isn't - it's just tough to tell from the details given so far).

Seems very reasonable to ask for this sort of information to me.

Edited by molan

[quote name='Mike' post='1072916' date='Dec 30 2010, 05:23 PM']Glad you're still about, made of sterner stuff clearly![/quote]

Hi Mike, yes still here, though not as often these days as there's so much work to do on the new house!

Chaps, I'm not saying everyone was rude and

[quote]I think what has been said in other posts is quite reasonable. "No apology needed" from a moderator seems reasonable to me[/quote]

doesn't even deserve a response - Pantherairsoft will know full well that I'm not referring to him.

What I AM saying is that if you look at the timeline, he was given about 90mins of helpful advice; apparently had a problem loading pics so probably went to bed (it being around 11.30pm) and the next time he logs in he sees a very different attitude and is probably scared off.

Now he MAY have been trying it on, or he MAY have had a bass made of Brazilian rosewood with solid gold hardware.... we'll probably never know. But this has been spoken of before and is one of the problems of the internet - like driving; everyone is in their hermetically sealed environment and treats others in a way that they never would face to face.

Hi Harvey,

Attaching pics to the forum is reliant on them being under a certain size. The easiest way to get good large pictures up is to open a free account with a site like Photobucket (which I use) or flickr etc...

You upload the pics to that site and they give you a link to copy and paste onto forums to see the picture

Shep

[quote name='harveyn' post='1075828' date='Jan 2 2011, 10:17 PM']Please can you help anyone?

I keep trying to attach my CT pictures and keep getting rejected

Help

Harveyn[/quote]

What message are you getting, Harvey?

And how big are your jpeg files?

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1076543' date='Jan 3 2011, 05:47 PM']Igonore the first bit!![/quote]

No worries :)

[b]HISTORY[/b]
Purchased it from THE BASS Centre in Wapping, When it was there!, around 1985 ish if my memory serves me right.
As far as i am aware i am the only owner.

[b]SERIAL NUMBER[/b]

any more questions feel free to ask

Edited by harveyn

[quote name='harveyn' post='1076525' date='Jan 3 2011, 05:34 PM']Hi All

At last i have managed to sort the images out and host them through photobucket.

First one :)

and the second...

You may notice that one string is missing due to slight mis-hap a week ago whilst playing.

Price wise, just to confirm i am looking for 10,000 GBP

I have also updated my profile, sorry still getting used to the whole FORUM thing[/quote]
Had the bedding matched the decor I may well have considered an offer....the pictures suggest I will not be undertaking such a compliment...

[quote name='tino' post='1076580' date='Jan 3 2011, 06:10 PM']Had the bedding matched the decor I may well have considered an offer....the pictures suggest I will not be undertaking such a compliment...[/quote]

The things people will do to get their post count up..... :)