Why become a member? ×

Why Russian Muff not the USA?

EskimoBassist

I have myself a rather nice EHX USA BIg Muff, however i am extremely curious as to why bassists prefer the Russian. The reason alone that Mr.Wolstenholme uses one is actually enough to persuade me to buy it and experiment, but in what ways would you say that it is generally better for bass than its' USA counterpart?

Thanks a lot guys as always!
Rich

People reckon they have a "better low end", it's just a slightly different tone IMHO. I would describe it but it's been years since I tested the two together and decided neither was for me. Some people reckon I have a muse-like sound, but I don't use any of the pedals he uses for dist/od.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='122657' date='Jan 18 2008, 09:27 AM']People reckon they have a "better low end", it's just a slightly different tone IMHO. I would describe it but it's been years since I tested the two together and decided neither was for me. [b]Some people reckon I have a muse-like sound, but I don't use any of the pedals he uses for dist/od[/b].[/quote]
who said that?? people have some strange opinions dont they, some guy said no logo sounded like linkin park, and your bass tone muse?? your tone is much closer to say justin chancellor than chris's!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='122497' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:28 PM']The reason alone that Mr.Wolstenholme uses one is actually enough to persuade me to buy it ...[/quote]

I think if Mr Wolstenholme used an eggbox then people would be using them and saying they were great.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123192' date='Jan 18 2008, 11:20 PM']who said that?? people have some strange opinions dont they, some guy said no logo sounded like linkin park, and your bass tone muse?? your tone is much closer to say justin chancellor than chris's![/quote]

Heh, I could have sworn you said the fuzzy tone on "ammomaxia" sounded like chris! Anyway, yeh, someone did say we sound like Linkin Park, so I guess I should ignore most opinions!

Ta very much for the justin Chancellor comparison! I take it you heard the new song on the myspace?