Why become a member? ×

Guitarist's New Axe

Phaedrus

He's just got himself an Ibanez Steve Vai 7-string.

Now he reckons he's almost complete:

Ibanez Steve Vai signature 7-string
Ibanez JS1000 Joe Satriani signature
Schecter Synnyster signature
Epiphone Zakk Wylde signature
Epiphone acoustic
Digitech GNX4
Digitech Whammy 4
Boss pedalboard/case thing with 6 or 7 individual Boss pedals
Marshall Valvestate 100w 2x12" combo
Peavey XXX 120w valve amp head
Peavey 4x12" cab

Yes, almost. Just needs some sort of Mesa valve head to round it all off...

Mark

Sweet! Do like a good 7 string! mY guitarist's girlfriend has the 6 string version.. and has very kindly leant it to him.. lucky B&$^&*£!!!!!!!!!

Steve, yeh, my fave is the PG301 (???) white with maple board.. really nice. Paul let me play his very own model. Gotta say, it's nothing like the stock model.... but then, his has been worn in and been round the world a few times, numerous fret dresses and the neck almost feels like it has a different carve to the stock model. I don' care though.. would dearly love Pauls worn geetar!

[quote name='Buzz' post='123049' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:07 PM']Hmm, it's alright, but I'm suprised it's not got the monkey grip/handle thingie on it that's on the other Vai signature's.[/quote]

Didn't even notice it's absence! woh!

Guitarist in my new band plays one. 7s are a difficult beast. They can easily sound like total mush and it takes some careful EQing to make them sit nicely in a mix. A decent head helps. We tune to drop A and every sounds clear.

Tell your guitarist to try out an Engl powerball. I reckon they sound much nicer than a dual rectifier. Probably cheaper too.

[quote name='Phaedrus' post='123026' date='Jan 18 2008, 06:35 PM']Now he reckons he's almost complete:

Ibanez Steve Vai signature 7-string
Ibanez JS1000 Joe Satriani signature
Schecter Synnyster signature
Epiphone Zakk Wylde signature
Epiphone acoustic[/quote]
Hasn't anyone signed his Epiphone acoustic yet?

Gorgeous guitar, please pass on my 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

Does anyone else feel like the inlays on the Vai model look a tad random? I realise what they're supposed to look like, but the fact that they change shape to fit between frets correctly and that certain parts of each inlay aren't always that visible ends up making them look like a bizarrely mangled set of inlays all the way up the neck.

Just my opinion though, and I still think it's a gorgeous guitar.

Mark

[quote name='bassbloke' post='123228' date='Jan 19 2008, 01:07 AM']Tell your guitarist to try out an Engl powerball. I reckon they sound much nicer than a dual rectifier. Probably cheaper too.[/quote]

oh, i have come over all funny.... Love the powerball!!!!