Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2 Bypass Patch

Sparky

Hi all,

Just bought myself a zoom B2 in the local music shop's sale. Am getting to grips with it quickly but just wondered if any of you knew if you could set a patch as true bypass... as opposed to a 'clean' patch (everything set to oF)? not entirely convinced that with everything set to off ('oF'), it's bypassing the zoom unit 100%.

any ideas? i've read a lot of the posts commenting on only being able to select the adjacent patch on the zoom and am following the advice of many - programming alternate patches with a 'clean'/bypass patch between each.

ta.

Sparky :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123301' date='Jan 19 2008, 11:22 AM']if you want to bypass the zoom, you step on both switches at once

you cant have a' true bypass patch'

and as far as i know, the B2 is far from true bypass even when bypassed fully[/quote]

OK. Thanks Kev. That's a shame - can't really rely on being able to hit both switches at once mid song - it's ok bypassing for the tuner between songs but during, i guess i just need create a patch with a 'simulated natural' sound... hmmm, 'll have to work on that!

Thanks for the tip mate. Sparky.

just a suggestion

why dont you buy a true bypass loop pedal?? so that you can leave the zoom on at the desired patch all the time, but have it truely bypassed in a loop pedal, so all you have to do is stomp on the loop and that engages the zoom??

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123316' date='Jan 19 2008, 11:57 AM']just a suggestion

why dont you buy a true bypass loop pedal?? so that you can leave the zoom on at the desired patch all the time, but have it truely bypassed in a loop pedal, so all you have to do is stomp on the loop and that engages the zoom??[/quote]

the only problem would then be not being able to take advantage of the DI out of the Zoom for hooking up to a PA...

he didnt detail that he wanted to do that, if he did then could be a problem, but in all honesty i dont think the DI is that up to scratch on it.

you could get a single loop pedal made very cheap by a small company call red onion solutions, have a google

Cheers guys. To be honest, I just bought the zoom because it was cheaper than a boss tuner!!!... and thought it'd be handy to have a couple of channels for a little extra kick when I need it... I'm probably not going to be using the DI straight from the zoom - should be ok from my amp. I'm yet to test the zoom at volume with my rig yet, just through headphones - so I'll see what my 'clean' patches I've programed sound like when I plug in and turn up and then consider the bypass options. Cheers for the tips Kev. Appreciated. Sparky :)

I'd compare your clean patch, with the sound when "bypassed" i.e when both footswitches are pressed at the same time. With everything off, it should sound the same. If you think it's affecting your tone a bit, you could try EQing your clean patch to get the sound you want, or alternatively, as Kev said, get a TB loop.

yeh, cheers cheddatom... I'm looking forward to hearing what my clean patches (that i've got sounding Sweet through headphones - really digging the SWR model with beef'd cab!) sound like when plugged in to my amp (i live in manchester and my amp lives in london). wondering whether i'll end up setting the eq on the zoom or the amp - hmm, guess i just have to test to see which sounds better... a mix of the two perhaps?! i dunno, not gonna get to try for another few weeks but if more zoom threads come up after, i'll contribute and share my findings. cheers, sparky. :)