Why become a member? ×

Does this exist?

aj5string

[quote name='aj5string' post='123506' date='Jan 19 2008, 07:28 PM']Right, i want a pedal where i can blend a clean and effected signal. Is there some type of loop pedal that can do this, or a dedicated blend type pedal?

Cheers. Alex.[/quote]

Barge Concepts VFB-2 does exactly what you want.
[url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html"]http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html[/url]

theres a smaller version coming out soon too.

If your after some added valve tone the DHA bob the blender is great. (Well I don't have a pedal version but one's built into my head but they are the same)

[url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20Bob%20The%20Blender.html"]http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20...%20Blender.html[/url]

or, for probably alot less than the other two mentioned, you could go the way of red onion solutions....

i know im recommending this place alot, i dont work for them :) but i just think they are great value, they get the simple and effective job done, and don't add boutique cost to their products

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123597' date='Jan 20 2008, 12:01 AM']or, for probably alot less than the other two mentioned, you could go the way of red onion solutions....

i know im recommending this place alot, i dont work for them :) but i just think they are great value, they get the simple and effective job done, and don't add boutique cost to their products[/quote]

AFAICS they don't do a blend pedal..... only true bypass loops and a/b pedals...

[quote name='Roady' post='123599' date='Jan 20 2008, 12:08 AM']AFAICS they don't do a blend pedal..... only true bypass loops and a/b pedals...[/quote]

i was quoted £35 for a single loop passive blend pedal

all you have to do is email :) he only puts the most popular on his site, if you read, it says for custom pedals get in touch, he replies within 24 hours, great guy

[quote name='Roady' post='123616' date='Jan 20 2008, 01:21 AM']IIRC passive blenders are not so good...

I'd wait for the VFB-JR if I were you[/quote]

Bob the blender is a passive blender, and after trying for ages to get it to behave with my pedal board, i've given it to my guitarist. He has no problems with it, but he doesn't have a mental pedal board in the FX loop.

I have a VBF and it's seriously good. I would get the smaller one 'cos apparently it has no feedback loop, which is just boring!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='123749' date='Jan 20 2008, 12:18 PM']but buffered blenders mess with tone more than passive blenders[/quote]

But OTOH, Passive blenders mess with your impedance and can cause all kinds of hum and hiss.

[quote name='Higgie' post='124354' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:24 AM']But OTOH, Passive blenders mess with your impedance and can cause all kinds of hum and hiss.[/quote]

+1 and phasing issues and volume problems because instead of doubling your signal and splitting it they halve it and split it.

Cheapest way to do active blending is a Boss LS-2, but the Barge stuff is top notch as is the Xotic X-Blender.

I'd definitely take an active blender over a passive blender.

Passive blenders cause high end roll off and all kinds of other aformentioned nasties (imedance mixup, attenuation, gating etc.)

FAKEEDIT: and a good buffer is way better than a TB one :)

Edited by Toasted

I've got an Xotix X-blender. I chose this over the Bargeconcepts simply because I prefered the switching options (completely wet, mixed and off) and it was nice having a 2 band EQ in for versatility :)

I'd say get the Bargeconcepts VBF if you don't need these extra functions as they're cheaper.

[quote name='BigBassBob' post='124488' date='Jan 21 2008, 12:24 PM']I've got an Xotix X-blender. I chose this over the Bargeconcepts simply because I prefered the switching options (completely wet, mixed and off) and it was nice having a 2 band EQ in for versatility :)

I'd say get the Bargeconcepts VBF if you don't need these extra functions as they're cheaper.[/quote]

My VBF has footswitches to switch the effects loop in and out, to switch the blend in and out, and to switch the feedback in and out. Is this not standard?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='124351' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:20 AM']Bob the blender is a passive blender, and after trying for ages to get it to behave with my pedal board, i've given it to my guitarist. He has no problems with it, but he doesn't have a mental pedal board in the FX loop.

I have a VBF and it's seriously good. I would get the smaller one 'cos apparently it has no feedback loop, which is just boring![/quote]

Bob the Blender is NOT a passive blender. It's active stages are valve driven.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='124680' date='Jan 21 2008, 03:21 PM']Bob the Blender is NOT a passive blender. It's active stages are valve driven.

Dave[/quote]

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to mis-inform anyone about your excellent product (which really is, it's great using a guitar fuzz, with just the BOB the blender, just can't tame my whole pedalboard!).

I was confusing you with another electronics expert I was discussing a passive blender with.

Tom

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='124696' date='Jan 21 2008, 03:41 PM']Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to mis-inform anyone about your excellent product (which really is, it's great using a guitar fuzz, with just the BOB the blender, just can't tame my whole pedalboard!).

I was confusing you with another electronics expert I was discussing a passive blender with.

Tom[/quote]

Hi Tom,

Not a problem at all.

regards

Dave