Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 4

skelf

oh noooooooooooooooooo.

ok chaps, my pal and his girlfriend just got engaged (thats not the worst bit).

the party is on the 5th Feb :) :) :lol:

The night is being held in a local pub and the entertainment will be a few bands and my new band Fool's Shadow has been asked to do a few tunes. This will be the bands first airing. So my brother-in-law (drummer) who is even more pally with this fella is itching to do it.

To be fair the night will be amazing as most of my pals will be there plus I get to play liive with my new band................

So I now need the Moffateers to convince me why Moffat would be my better option.

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1098829' date='Jan 22 2011, 04:44 PM']Bummer Steven.... :)

What about still coming down on the Sunday.....would be a shame to miss out entirely....!![/quote]

the chances of me being able to drive on the Sunday would be a big no no Dave.

I loved the weekend last time and made many new pals. Hence why I need the boys to rally and help me keep the the force strong.

Not what you want to hear, but there will be more Bass Bashes. These guys will (hopefully) only get engaged once. You blow the engagement party off and you'll upset a heap of folk that you have to see on a regular basis whereas we'll raise a jar and look forward to seeing you next time.

Sorry for being sensible, but you won't hear the end of it if you don't do the engagement party. Plus it's easier to slag you off when you're not there :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1087843' date='Jan 13 2011, 12:31 PM']A shameless bump for this Bass Bash - get yer tickets for the Sunday bash

...and whilst I am at it, have another picture of a previous Moffat gathering

[/quote]

Nice to see you got my arse on there Dave. :) Wish I could make it but unfortunately thanks to the tendonitis am struggling to play at the mo, which would kind of spoil it...

[quote name='4000' post='1106533' date='Jan 28 2011, 06:10 PM']Nice to see you got my arse on there Dave. :) Wish I could make it but unfortunately thanks to the tendonitis am struggling to play at the mo, which would kind of spoil it...[/quote]
Actually Shaun I have a funny feeling I took that one. :)

That sucks, I hope you shake the tendonitis soon man.

Room places now added so you can all check out which B&B you are staying at
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/[/url]

Sadly our guitar hero for the day can't be with us at the bash now due to ill health... :)

He has organised his son to take his place on guitar for the day, and he has stepped upto the mark to learn the tunes.....Take it easy Shaun...

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1106551' date='Jan 28 2011, 06:24 PM']Actually Shaun I have a funny feeling I took that one. :)[/quote]
I didn't know you felt that way about me Rich. :)

Thanks for the thoughts; am working on it slowly. Have a great time and say hello to Betty from me. :D

BTW Dave, looking forward to seeing the ACG when it's finished. You show me your ACG, I'll show you my Rim! :lol:

:) [quote name='4000' post='1106758' date='Jan 28 2011, 09:43 PM'].... say hello to Betty from me. :lol:....[/quote]
She's had bit of a make over since you last saw her. A fresh lick of paint (still surf green like) and lightly tinted neck lacquer, some new "vintage" style tuners, a new SD quarter pounder (SCPB-3) and a trad '51 P wiring loom. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1106803' date='Jan 28 2011, 10:32 PM']:)
She's had bit of a make over since you last saw her. A fresh lick of paint (still surf green like) and lightly tinted neck lacquer, some new "vintage" style tuners, a new SD quarter pounder (SCPB-3) and a trad '51 P wiring loom. :)[/quote]

Oooh, niiiiice.......look forward to see Betty Upgrade asap!

I have just updated the gear list with Tinyvikings gear....nice one pal :)

A fantastic range of equipment is going to be there for people to check out...!!

Basses upstairs, amps and cabs downstairs in the noisy room.

We are going to set up a table with 'stuff for sale'. This is for anything bass / music related that you want to bring along and sell on the day.

Its upto the individual bringing something along to put a figure on it and name.....

Dave

We have just had one room come free for the Sat stay over (Beers...curry...hangover...fantastic..)

Its either 1 or 2 singles sharing a twin room or one double room (double bed)

£40 each or
£70 for the double (remember its a double bed in this room...)

The cost is for the stay over at the B&B [i]and [/i] the Sunday entrance ticket

Please note: Tickets are non-refundable as we need to book and pay for the rooms and hall in advance

[b]First come first served [/b]- if anybody has booked a Sunday ticket and now wants the weekend ticket get in touch and we will swap it over

Email Alan to book the place :-
[[email protected]][email protected][/email]

Event badges will be handed out on the Sunday. Hang onto them, as they will get you a discount at the local café.

Edited by david_l_perry

Ticket bought, so I'll be there on the Sunday. Probably will have to skip the curry on Saturday night, as best spend some time with the folks, prior to dumping the offspring on them for the Sunday! Any particular watering-hole intended for Saturday night, in case I can escape for a couple of hours?

Cheers.