Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 4

skelf

Hi
With all the weekend tickets now sold and time marching on,I thought I would post a reminder about the Bash on the Sunday.
Sunday the 6th of February kick off 10am.

We have a very good line up of builders going to be present.
Jon Shuker
Chris May
Haydn Williams

All available for the day for a chat about their work. I think Chris may well have some of the Tanglewater basses so a great chance to try them out in a band situation.

We have the house band with a set list of songs so if you feel like getting up and having a run through of a few songs feel free. There will also be several Jam sessions through out the day.

Discount available at the local Cafe for lunch which is 5 mins walk and provides a break if you feel you need it.
There will also be tea/coffee and home made buns through out the day.

Highlight of the day will be a clinic/performance by Stevie Williams. Most of you will know Stevie as the main man behind UK Bassday as well as a respected musician in his own right.

This is a relaxed bash with a good laugh being important to everyone and if you are in Scotland one of the few opportunities to see a lot of very nice gear without to far to travel.

All of this for a tenner which I think is a pretty good deal.

Tickets can be bought on the website.
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]MBB[/url]

There will be no pay on the day so a ticket is a must if you intend to come along.

This is a non profit making venture,should we have a surplus it will be donated to a local charity.

Any question myself or Dave Perry will be happy to help.

Cheers
Alan

Edited by skelf

[quote name='skelf' post='1080125' date='Jan 6 2011, 05:07 PM']This is a relaxed bash with a good laugh being important to everyone and if you are in Scotland one of the few opportunities to see a lot of very nice gear without to far to travel.

All of this for a tenner which I think is a pretty good deal.

Tickets can be bought on the website.
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk[/url][/quote]

Spot on Alan

I am really looking forward to seeing Stevie Williams again (caught him a couple of times at UK bass day). Great guy who make a massive contribution to the UK bass scene as a whole.

Here is a link to [url="http://www.steviewilliams.co.uk/index.html"]Stevie's Web site [/url]

Its always great to catch up with loads of familiar faces at these sort of gatherings, but would be great to meet a load of new ones as well....

Its also going to be a great opportunity to chat with some other stunning UK bass builders on the day

As Alan said, we have sorted out a set list of tunes for people to get up with to jam along with gear to try out (its on the web site)
The songs are fairly obvious and typical rock tracks that most people will know. The idea of the set list is simply so that people can try out gear in a band environment.

Shaun (the resident guitar man), is also more than happy to sit back and jam along with some improvised stuff if that's what you fancy doing....

Get your tickets booked chaps !!

Dave

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1083655' date='Jan 9 2011, 09:53 PM']Now all we need to do is get a few more of you Scots to come to this Scottish Bass bash..... :)

Dave[/quote]

Well, all things being equal, I'll be there - certainly for the Sunday, maybe some of the Saturday evenings entertainments as well. Not sure what gear to bring though, if any... maybe just the MIJ 75 Jazz re-issue if anyone fancies having a shot of one to compare with the US versions?

Cheers.

Edited by Simon.

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1092159' date='Jan 17 2011, 09:16 AM']Quick bump to keep this on the horizon....get your daytime tickets on the [url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]web site[/url]

And another quick photo of the lesser spotted bearded Scot...

[/quote]
Haha cheers Dave. :)
It's the greater bearded these days. I'm looking a bit like the Sparta/300 guy at the mo but I'm pushing hard for a Brian Blessed come the bash. :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1093892' date='Jan 18 2011, 02:45 PM']I imagine Mat is not quit sporting the same hair mass as you ..... :)[/quote]
Actually, he's probably ahead of me now (his man-beard grows faster than my pathetic boy-fluff can) but last I heard he'd lost the mouser (as allowed in the rules) and is going for the Amish look. So pound for pound it could be close. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1093980' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:49 PM']Actually, he's probably ahead of me now (his man-beard grows faster than my pathetic boy-fluff can) but last I heard he'd lost the mouser (as allowed in the rules) and is going for the Amish look. So pound for pound it could be close. :)[/quote]

Nah, that was just speculation on my part. If I can get the right hat then I might do it :)