Why become a member? ×

Problem with shop bought bass. What next?

Linus27

Hi,

At Xmas I bought a Squire Vintage Fretless bass which I must say is superb. Ideal for playing around with and to start out with learning the art of fretless. However, some of the fret filler that makes up the lines just crummbled and fell out yesterday leaving a hole. It does not affect the playing but it should not really do this after 4 weeks of owning it.

I was going to take it back to the shop today (a well known music shop in Guildford) but I was wondering what I should expect then to do. Will they just send it away for repair or should I expect an exchange or something else. Just wondering what I should expect them to do.

Thanks for any advice.

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='123716' date='Jan 20 2008, 11:20 AM']Exchange or money back I should say...[/quote]

plus the one...you've only had the item a few weeks...i'd say you can insist on a full refund if you want as the goods aren't of 'satisfactory quality'

[url="http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_goods_your_rights.htm#how_to_deal_with_a_problem_with_goods"]have a read of this[/url]

remember it's the retailer's job to put things straight, not the manufacturer's

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='123720' date='Jan 20 2008, 11:24 AM']Find a trading standards website and print off your statutory rights. Take it with you.[/quote]

myself, i wouldn't be so confrontational unless they start being problematic. as hamster said most well known stores are fine about it.

ymmv of course