Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Cambridge Audio A1 MK3 SE HiFi Seperate amplifier

Having just taken delvery of a wonderful C.A Azur amp, my lovely A1 MK3 SE is up for sale. A respected seperate that has been tweaked by those folk at C.A.

I think its 30W per channel which is more than enough for front room hifi and studio monitoring (hence advertising it here) . Yours delivered for £50

The normal A1 model is featured on the CA website [url="http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/default.php"]http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/default.php[/url] and there's a good few reveiews n' stuff on t'interweb.

Dan

To piggy back dood's advert:

I have a pair of Mission 750LE monitors that would make a great studio monitoring / home entertainment rig. They're in dark cheery and I'm asking £80.

I can supply these with the relevant super-high spec QED speaker cable with banana plug ends (cost £80) for another £40.

:)!

Hey guys! Fantastic to see similar tatstes! I'm running my Azur 540R into some Mission 733(i - I think) floorstanders.. Soft dome tweeters are my fave! ;o)

My mate (a very talented keyboard player) has a Quad set up with electrostatic speakers... it takes up the whole room, but sounds rather nice!

[quote name='dood' post='123864' date='Jan 20 2008, 03:22 PM']Having just taken delvery of a wonderful C.A Azur amp, my lovely A1 MK3 SE is up for sale. A respected seperate that has been tweaked by those folk at C.A.

I think its 30W per channel which is more than enough for front room hifi and studio monitoring (hence advertising it here) . Yours delivered for £50

The normal A1 model is featured on the CA website [url="http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/default.php"]http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/default.php[/url] and there's a good few reveiews n' stuff on t'interweb.

Haggle me.

Dan[/quote]

Does this one feature the phono stage? I'm one of those strange people with a sizeable vinyl collection that I like to listen to from time to time.

I'll actually have to double check! I'm pretty sure it has the phono selection on the input selector, but having never needed to use it, I'm not 100% sure if it has the preamp stage as well. I would make the assumption that yes it does, but I will go and check for you!

I have a collection of vinyl, but never got round to buying a decent turntable to do it justice... however.. my bro has.. so I thik a trip to his house with a recording device of sorts to put all my discontinued vinyl on to CD ;o)

I have the A1 driving my JBL Control 1's which despite being really cheap sounds fine to my ears and goes good and loud. Our drummer has the Azur driving Soundcraft Absolute studio monitors which sounds wicked, must get a pair myself :)

[quote name='dood' post='124565' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:19 PM']I'll actually have to double check! I'm pretty sure it has the phono selection on the input selector, but having never needed to use it, I'm not 100% sure if it has the preamp stage as well. I would make the assumption that yes it does, but I will go and check for you!

I have a collection of vinyl, but never got round to buying a decent turntable to do it justice... however.. my bro has.. so I thik a trip to his house with a recording device of sorts to put all my discontinued vinyl on to CD ;o)[/quote]

The A1mk3SE did'nt come fitted with the PM01 phono stage despite having the labelled input. Its a £20 extra available from any branch of Richer Sounds, they fit it free and its takes like 10mins.

(employee)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='124796' date='Jan 21 2008, 05:13 PM']The A1mk3SE did'nt come fitted with the PM01 phono stage despite having the labelled input. Its a £20 extra available from any branch of Richer Sounds, they fit it free and its takes like 10mins.

(employee)[/quote]

Thanks gaf! Sounds like that is the case then! ;o)