Why become a member? ×

very limited double ball end strings

ian

hi since owning my king bass 5 im finding it very hard to find the strings i want in double ball end.the gauge what works best is 30s to 115 but the only people i can find who do them in this gauge are status or rotosounds.does anyone else know any other companys please. :)

[quote name='ian' post='123987' date='Jan 20 2008, 05:40 PM']hi since owning my king bass 5 im finding it very hard to find the strings i want in double ball end.the gauge what works best is 30s to 115 but the only people i can find who do them in this gauge are status or rotosounds.does anyone else know any other companys please. :)[/quote]
What's wrong with Status strings? That's where I got my last DB High C sets (25-105), so they can definitely do the weird.

Elites should be available as singles, you could add a 115 to their 30-90 set. The other name I know is LaBella: their S400 "High C" set is 29-105 - a bit lighter than you specified.

Edited by bnt

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='124024' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:26 PM']What did you expect when you buy a headless bass?[/quote]
Well, Status headless basses can take standard strings, too - that's what those hex screws on the headpiece are for. :)