Why become a member? ×

Big Muff Double Muff or something else

Superman000

the double muff has the option of two sounds...

with the single muff it a flappy growl, and the double gets closer to the sound of a big muff...but remember you've got no control over the eq

the big muff has more control tone-wise but is more extreme-sounding imho.

it's odd you ask as i as comparing the sound of my little big muff and my double muff this afternoon at practised, and i'm almost going in favour of the double muff with both stages engaged

[quote name='Superman000' post='124139' date='Jan 20 2008, 09:23 PM']So the double muff with both circuits engaged sounds like the big muff ?
But you have more control over the eq with the big muff ?[/quote]

i wouldn't say it sounds the same but it's more fuzzy than the single muff setting

to me the big muff takes a lot of the punch of the bass sound away...the cascaded double muff isn't so synthy to my ears

if he's lookin at big muffs, i very much doubt a cream pie would do him well

however....

toasted is selling a pedal in the for sale section that could certainly be what your after, because it sounds fukin awesome, and i want it :) damn gas, damn bank!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='125759' date='Jan 22 2008, 09:36 PM']if he's lookin at big muffs, i very much doubt a cream pie would do him well[/quote]

[quote]Im looking for a more growly sound than a completely fuzzed up sound.[/quote]

:) sound to me like it'd do him fine