Why become a member? ×

Bass Bash '08 - Sat or Sun?

ped

Hi all,

I will probably be booking the venue for the Bash tomorrow (it is in Northampton, details to follow) and the date will be sometime in late March to give everyone lots of notice. Just one thing though - what is best for everyone, a Saturday or a Sunday? I think we have had them on both before but thought I would throw the question out there for those who are travelling the furthest in mind.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='MB1' post='124507' date='Jan 21 2008, 12:38 PM']MB1. :)

Does jazz sound better on a saturday or a sunday?.Didnt attend last years,but was told, it was very jazz influenced!
.......NICE!. :huh:[/quote]

Ari and i had a bit of a jazz thing going on during the day, doing some standards...twoz fun!!! It was on a Saturday though...

[quote name='bassjamm' post='124516' date='Jan 21 2008, 12:45 PM']Ari and i had a bit of a jazz thing going on during the day, doing some standards...twoz fun!!! It was on a Saturday though...[/quote]

Yes, the video is on my MySpace too!! Check it out everyone.. Jam and Ari were providing the soundtrack to the evening!

[quote name='Clive Thorne' post='124561' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:15 PM']I've not been to one of these Bass bashes, but Northampton is close for me and I might give it a try.
What exactly goes on? Is it aimed a a particular level (i.e Will I feel a complete plonker because I'm not particularly good?)

Clive.[/quote]

Not at all. It's a chance for people to check out everyone elses gear and have a chat. There isn't a great deal of actual proper playing (jams etc).. most people are doodling around just like you do in a guitar shop.

I voted Sunday because I won't be able to travel to Northampton on a saturday when i have a gig in the evening. I'm guessing there'll be less of a chance of people gigging on the sun night than the sat night

Si

[quote name='ped' post='124512' date='Jan 21 2008, 12:41 PM']Ah you may be getting mixed up with Manchester's Bass Day event. The Bass Bash is just an informal get together of a bunch of members with nothing better to do.[/quote]

MB1. :)

Mixed up!....Yes!....Sorry!...Should have gone to specsavers! :huh:

[quote name='Sibob' post='124570' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:23 PM']I voted Sunday because I won't be able to travel to Northampton on a saturday when i have a gig in the evening. I'm guessing there'll be less of a chance of people gigging on the sun night than the sat night

Si[/quote]
+1 from me too :)

[quote name='Clive Thorne' post='124561' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:15 PM']What exactly goes on? Is it aimed a a particular level (i.e Will I feel a complete plonker because I'm not particularly good?)[/quote]
You can keep me company on the latter front :huh:

The SE Bash was a chance for everyone to get together with a load of gear, try stuff out and put names to faces - and a good laugh it was too. Not like the Guitar show at Wembley or wherever with thousands of guitarists half pulling off their most impressive licks.

Sadly gigwise for me March is a desert at the moment. As for days I vote for whatever Nik votes for as possible nominated for the South Coast charananc :)

Edited by WalMan

Hi everyone,

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857[/url]

I have booked it for the Sunday - Si you are right about people gigging on the Sat night. Good point.

NJW, I think it is entirely sensible ;0)

ped