Why become a member? ×

GAS explosion

Doc B

I've just started a new photography night class and we were told our objective would be to produce 2 still lifes and 2 portraits over the next few weeks. We were then asked to bring in examples of the types of shots we would like to take, and that's where the trouble started.

I decided that my 2 basses (Warwick Streamer Std 4 and Status Groove 4 w/graphite neck), Yamaha semi guitar and my Marshall AS50R amp would make ideal subjects for still life.

So - off to the guitar shops I went to collect guitar catalogues: Fender, Italia, Vintage, Ibanez and many others - so you can see where this is going!

I now want the entire Squier Vintage Modified series of basses and one each of the Italia basses - they are so cool I couldn't possibly choose between them.

AAAAAARGH - 18 months GAS free, now this. I also have photography GAS too to top it off. AAAAAARRGH!!!

[quote name='Machines' post='124456' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:40 AM']I've got one of the Italias here :).[/quote]

I know - I've just read your review, which helped reduce the GAS a bit.

Shame about the wiring issue. My Yamaha AEX500 guitar also has a piezo bridge and neck humbucker combination but with master vol, p/up blend and a 3 band EQ for the piezo but with a single jack socket and it works really well, especially considering I only paid £250 for it!

[quote name='Doc B' post='124454' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:38 AM']I've just started a new photography night class and we were told our objective would be to produce 2 still lifes and 2 portraits over the next few weeks. We were then asked to bring in examples of the types of shots we would like to take, and that's where the trouble started.

I decided that my 2 basses (Warwick Streamer Std 4 and Status Groove 4 w/graphite neck), Yamaha semi guitar and my Marshall AS50R amp would make ideal subjects for still life.

So - off to the guitar shops I went to collect guitar catalogues: Fender, Italia, Vintage, Ibanez and many others - so you can see where this is going!

I now want the entire Squier Vintage Modified series of basses and one each of the Italia basses - they are so cool I couldn't possibly choose between them.

AAAAAARGH - 18 months GAS free, now this. I also have photography GAS too to top it off. AAAAAARRGH!!![/quote]

Rule 1: - Always start off with fresh fruit before progressing to lumps of wood with metal bits sticking out of them.

I think MPFC did an instructional video about this advice? (albeit a slightly different subject)

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='124470' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:59 AM']Rule 1: - Always start off with fresh fruit before progressing to lumps of wood with metal bits sticking out of them.

I think MPFC did an instructional video about this advice? (albeit a slightly different subject)

Hamster[/quote]

It's an 11 week course so the guitars are something I'll be progressing towards.

I want to avoid fresh fruit because I don't like to buy out of season produce grown hydroponically under glass that tastes of nothing and costs too much - which is mostly what you get this time of year.

I have some nice whisky bottles, ornaments and other objects to use as well - I don't want to have to pay for my subjects either.